Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    I suppose I shoulld have used a "sarcasm" emote. Just couldn't find one.

I think the "sarcasm on the legal board" issue has been addressed before.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:32 AM

I have a tattoo in the hollow of my shoulder, in front, just above my breast - it's covered by anything/everything but a bathing suit because I am well aware that it would be difficult for me to find employment in my field with a visible tattoo.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    I suppose I shoulld have used a "sarcasm" emote. Just couldn't find one.
    Threatening someone with CPS, being taken away from her family, is sarcasm to you? Sarcasm is supposed to be light and airy, it's usually obvious and it's usually not hurtful.

No, I don't believe it was sarcasm, I think you're resorting to that because of the way people reacted to what you said.

I really don't think that the legal boards is a place for sarcasm anyway. I've always been told that this is a very serious forum and only accurate helpful information is welcome. Your post was neither.

I really think you owe the OP an apology.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 18, 2010, 01:34 PM

I have two tattoos. One on each breast. They are covered by most shirts. The shirts that don't cover them, aren't appropriate for work anyway.

Even though I am an artist by choice, I know that I will spend a good portion of my life working in other jobs. I made sure that my tattoos could be covered if I needed them to be.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 01:48 PM

Seems like the legality of an underage tattoo has been addressed well, and since you brought up the tat in my Café thread, I thought I could give my opinion! :)

I'm also all for free expression, but, as the others have said, I know I would not have my job if I had visible tattoos. I've never had one, but have often thought of what I would get... and I know what it would be. It would be the Chinese character for love. To me, it is the most beautiful character in the Chinese language.

I would choose that because it means something to me. I spent two years in China and have fond memories. You need to choose what is you. You can be defined in a tattoo... get what you believe represents who you are.

Also... another question - unrelated, but not really... Why is your mom always doing things to "bond" that involve body modifications? I mean, maybe I am wrong, but didn't she just get a piercing with you? Why does she feel that you need to pierce something or tattoo something to "connect?"

Just wondering at the psychological side of all this... :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 01:53 PM

OOoO now that sounds juicy! (the phycological side of things that is... )
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 02:08 PM

At last a question I can answer - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bereav...st-445980.html
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Yes, I know the story of Emop's past... she has been wonderfully transparent on here - she's really opened up to us and allowed us all in. And for that, I am very thankful. To be friends to her is a wonderful treasure. She's been through a lot and she is still carrying on.

What my question was, though, was why does her mom want to do all these things that involve body modification to "bond?" I guess I'm clueless about it all, and probably should not have even posted on this thread.

Like I said, I'm all for freedom of personal expression... but why is her Mom asking her to do these things to bond? If she wants to get a tattoo (and it's legal), I say, why not? But for her Mom to say, "Let's get piercings to bond!" and "Let's get tattoo's to bond!", I just don't see the reason. What happened to "Let's go out to dinner to talk?"

I know, I know, maybe I'm reading into it too much. I just want to try and understand Emop's situation better. That's all. :)
    Dogs Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 03:30 PM

I was thinking more of A Freudian slip, or parapraxis in terms of the phycological meaning behind the body modification. I have read her story, I find her to be a well rounded person. Having a friend like YOU is what she needs :)
    Dogs Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Ugg
    Attached Images

Dogs Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 05:00 PM

That was for Shaz.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:25 PM

I don't think you should get a tattoo right now. You are trying to cover up your slash scars on your wrist with barbed wire(?) The slash scars will fade in their own time. You would just be drawing attention to your wrist scars this way.

Let mom get her own tattoo. Get one for you later in your life and not now. You have enough on your plate as it is now and reminding yourself every time you look at your wrist tattoo is not going to help you with your problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

Pennsylvania Statutes [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive/free copy of the Pennsylvania Statutes so that I can use reference on my own time? I have been to the courthouse law library as well as the public library but I would like to get a copy for myself.

Pennsylvania adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Philadelphia on 6/6/59 and was adopted in Pennsylvania in the same year. What would be the procedure to check on my birth records if I wanted to find my birth mother? I've heard that the adoption records are sealed in that state. Is this true and who would I contact? Thanks!:)

View more questions Search