Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ooglyboogly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 07:54 PM
    Ge model wbsr3140g1ww
    How do you put on the motor belt?
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2010, 05:44 PM

It is going to be hard. The belt isn't even bigger than the drive pulley as it is. Service personnel have a tool that snaps over the motor shaft and help hold the belt up.

That being said, it is possible to do. You just need a lot of patience and zip ties.

1. Place the belt on the big drive pulley and zip tie it tightly in place.
    2. With one hand keeping the belt in place on the motor shaft (you will have to keep pushing it up), use your other hand to spin the drive pulley and pull the belt into place.
    3. Once it's on, cut the zip tie and ensure the belt is in the grooves on the motor shaft. Spin the drive pulley fully 1 or 2 times to ensure it is in place correctly.

Congratulations! You're done! When I do these repairs in the field, it is extremely tough to do without the tool. It will go on, but it will take some time and patience.
    lynlee013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
    My washing machine doesn't change cycles without me doing it how do I fix something like that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

I'm replacing a white rodgers 1F58-72 model thermostat with a Hunter model 44155C [ 2 Answers ]

There are some different wiring codes that are different how do I do it.

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model Model 587.16142402 It was working fine the other da [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model Model 587.16142402 It was working fine the other day and now it doesn't work at all. No lights in the display or anything either. I had replaced the fuse which the stove, garbage disposal and dishwasher are on. And only he dishwasher has not come back on.. . Please...

Wbsr3140g1ww ge washer drum off center [ 1 Answers ]

Wbsr3140g1ww ge washer drum off center and when it spins out it makes loud banging noise, this happened after it was spinning out and "walked" across floor

Dennis is buliding a scale model he needs to find how tall will his model be? [ 3 Answers ]

Dennis is building a scale model of an office building. He has chosen to use a sclae of 1.0 in. = 15 ft. If the actual height of the bulding is 180ft, how tall will his model be?? :)

View more questions Search