Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovehimxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 05:53 PM
    I'm thirteen and I like a seventeen year old, help?
    Is it wrong? He likes me back, but my friends say that I shouldn't date him cause he is only after sex. But I know he is a really nice guy, we've been friends for a couple of months now but I really think I'm in love with him. He's the only person that can make me smile when I get a text or I'm from him, I blush if anyone says they seen me and him together. I'm really confused and I don't know what to do??
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 07:55 PM

You can't truly know a person after only a couple of months. You are only 13 and this person is much older than you.

I would recommend either not dating at all or sticking to people your own age. There are plenty of posts on here where everyone seems to debate about the ethics of a 17 year old dating someone 14 or younger.

The debates usually side with all the younger people thinking there is nothing wrong with it, and all the older people finding this unacceptable. It is almost always wise to listen to your elders.

Trust your friends, you've probably known them much longer and they are your friends for a reason (I hope). You barely know this man who can be considered an adult. When I was 17 years old I would not have even thought of even being attracted to someone so young as yourself.

So in short, I think you are too young to be concerned about dating. And a 17 year old should not have anything to do with a 13 year old. If your friends think he's after sex you DEFINITELY need to keep away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 08:14 PM

Most ( but not all of course) 17 year old boys think about sex when dating, And of course sex with a 13 year old could end him up in jail, or you with a baby, neither a good result.

I would try and stay with those closer to my own age ( at this point in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My thirteen year old wants my ex to give up his rights. [ 5 Answers ]

My son is thirteen years old, and he wants my ex to give up his rights so that my husband can adopt him. My ex has never really been in my son's life and when he did see him he ignores him or treats him badly. Now that he has remarried it has gotten a lot worse. We haven't approached the subject...

I might be pregnant and I'm only thirteen [ 29 Answers ]

I'm really scared because I mite be pregnant and I don't noe how to buy the test or where and I haven't told mi parents how do I tell them please helpp :confused: Sincerely :confused: under stress

Is hoodia okay for thirteen year olds? [ 6 Answers ]

Are those hoodia wieght loss pills okay for thirteen year old girls?

Father of a thirteen year old (maybe). [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a phone call from an old aquintence stating that I might be the father of her thirrteen year old daghter and had not told me because she was married. And now wants to find out.What rights do I have?Do I have to pay child support for a child that I never knew about and the parents...

Seventeen year old [ 7 Answers ]

Why does my 17 yr old son seem to hate me. We used to do everything together. He treats me horrible if his friends are around.

View more questions Search