Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJKUGS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
    confederate dollar value
    We have a Confederate dollar from Richmond, marked Feb.y/17th 1864. No. 82/29? There are two signatures on the bottom front, the one on the right has Allen for the last name. Could this be worth anything?
    Thank you,
    Connie Kugel
    [Personal email address removed for privacy.]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Hi, Connie!

I did need to remove your email address from your post. I would hate to see you get spammed because it was visible here. Plus, this is a public message board. Once a thread has been started, all information needs to stay on the thread so that others with similar questions will benefit by the information that's exchanged.

Concerning your question - Are you sure that it's genuine currency from the Civil War period, please?

There have been a lot of counterfeit Confederate paper currency produced over the last many decades.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate five dollar bills [ 3 Answers ]

does any one know if a confederate five dollar bill from 1819 has any value

Confederate dollar value [ 5 Answers ]

I have a $100 in Confederate money. Dates Feb. 7, 1864 Richmond Virginia $10 Feb. 17 1864 Richmond Virginia Would like to know the value of each

Value of an 1861 Confederate Dollar Bill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a confederate dollar, and am wondering if it has any value. It is a State of Georgia bill, numbered as 1357, from the Bank of Commerce. The date at the bottom right says "July 4, 1861". At the top, center of the bill is a picture of a sailing ship. Bottom left hand corner shows a...

Value of One Dollar Confederate Dollar Bill [ 2 Answers ]

We are wondering what the value is of a confederate dollar bill that we have from Richmond VA dated 1863. It has CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA on it and it also has a picture in the middle as currency today has. Does anybody know anything about this bill?

View more questions Search