Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etcetc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Leaking join
    I have installed a new tap [chrome] [with T-Piece]. At one of the joins, it drips - rate around a bucket a day. I have several times used teflon tape, without success. The problem is that I find I have to tighten it quite hard so that the tap is accessible [probably
    Around 180 degrees further than necessary - if I don't I won't be able to put the shelving in the kichen back due to filters being connected]. Is there an alternative to teflon tape [eg jointing paste] and how effective is it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 26, 2006, 04:14 AM
    Try clicking on, http://www.rectorseal.com/slnts.htm to get the skinny on pipe joint compound. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Join 2 excels by matching columns [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 excels. Excel1: columns >> name; address Excel2: columns >> name; phone; dob Wish to join the two with matching "name". I cannot find anything on Excel help. I have downloaded some sharewares to handle this but either it failed to install or it does not function fully without...

Artificial marble shower join [ 1 Answers ]

We had a Corian type shower installed 10 years ago. The clear grout became discolored after 5 years and so we had it redone. The shower began to leak probably between the walls of the shower and the pan. We had it regrouted I with white flexible grout and the problem continues. The only suggestion...

Leaking pipe - at join [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed a leak in my water system. It is on the main cold water inflow pipe, a few feet after the stopcock, and it occurs at a joint between a pipe and a 'Limekiller' water softener. It looks to me as if the sealant where the two pipes meet is cracked or porous. How can I fix this...

How to join two 3-way switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have a balcony with overhead lights between two 3-way switches. I also have another 3-way switch that operates lights to the stairs. Presently there are two switches side-by-side that operate the balcony lights and the stair lights. Question: Is it possible to join theses two switches...

How do I do an Inner join in MySQL? [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone assist?

View more questions Search