Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betty monzel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
    External Drives
    I need extra space for my Family Tree Maker software. Am considering adding an external drive to handle all of my pictures and data. Has anyone done this and is it possible.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 25, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Yes, it's very possible and extremely straight forward.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 25, 2006, 09:25 PM
    I agree. Very simple. I have two external USB harddrives myself. One primarily for photography, and another for miscellanea related to musical composition. Works out very good.
    shabby Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2006, 09:15 AM
    In addition : you can get another hard driver and one external enclosure and can get a high space area :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2006, 09:42 AM
    I also have an external USB drive. Very easy to install and use. One alternative, if you have a home network, is to use network attached storage (NAS). This is a hard drive with a CPU connected to it that can be attached directly to your router. In this way, the drives can be shared by all the PCs on your LAN.
    shabby Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Hmmm great :) very helpful
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 7, 2006, 03:44 PM
    One other nice thing with a second hard drive is you can do a image of your operating system and the programs you have installed as a back-up in case c-drive goes up.
    The only question I have is do you already have a 2nd hard drive in the PC?
    A 2nd internal would cost less and is not that hard to install

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem with my external hard drive. When it loads it will be created as drive (G) and it should be drive (F) all of my other hard drives default to (F) when loaded except one it go to (G). The software I use to access the information on the hard drive creates links like (F)...

Hard drives [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean my hard drive and reinstall windows and hardware. How Thanks Fred ? :-/

Recognize external hard drives. [ 8 Answers ]

OilMan6 :confused: 31 October 2005 0630 Hrs. SUBJECT: Both computers will not recognize three new external hard drives. How do I give these three hard drives the values of G:, H:, and I:?

Drives [ 5 Answers ]

I have 4 drives shown in PC (c, d, e, g) not including cd drive or floppy drive. Is there a way that I can have my computer show 1 drive; c:/?? And let that drive have the total memory of all four combined

Disabling CD and A drives [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a way to not permit Files to be copied on CD or A Drive. The scenario is this: Let's say I allow someone to have a lend of my PC for a lengthy time. And lets say I don't mind them using the PC, but I want to be sure nothing gets copied while I am not watching. Then can I disable or...

View more questions Search