Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tatiana Goncalv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 11:23 AM
    Student applying for citizenship
    Hi,

I am a US citizen but my father was born in Portugal. He moved to the US when he was 17 and then met my mother. I was born in the US, but I am going to be studying in Portugal. My parents have been talking a while about me becoming a Portuguese citizen. What steps should I take and about how long is the process?

Thank you.
    Tatiana

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for Canadian citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I want to apply for Canadian citizenship.I have been in US from June 2007. Can anyone suggest me how to apply for it? I have not visited Canada.But my aunt stays there. Thanks, Rudrava.

Applying for Portuguese citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

My father holds a Portuguese citizenship and passport and is now living with me in Canada. His wish is to reside in Portugual and as his daughter, I need me to look after him as he his old (76 years). I am a Canadian citizen holding Canadian passport and wish to apply for my portuguese...

Applying for US Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I am 40 year old living in Maryland for last 14 years and just about 6 months back I had applied for us citizenship. In 2000 I was convicted of Shoplifting offense, Here is what happened, I was arrested for shoplifting and taken for finger print after that I hired a lawyer and got community...

Applying for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a first generation american. My father is from Germany and my mother is a green card holder from france. I am desperately seeking information on how to obtain either an eu passport or a french passport. The web has not been very helpful and I have written many e:mails and placed...

Applying for French citizenship [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to know how long a person must be a resident in France before he or she is eligible to apply for full citizenship or permanent residency? I am currently in France studying and have been here for the last two years. Thanks!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.