Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vuyi35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Legal binding real estate document
    Hallo,
    Hope all is well.
    I wanted u too enlighten me on an slight delimmna..

I have an Purchaser who wants too buy an piece of property.
    I've already approached an few real-estate agents with his specifications in mind where @ which some were willing to work with me( Commision) and others just said I'm not an registered entity.
    My dilemmna now starts @ the point where I having too ontroduce the parties and not having any form of Legal Binding Documentation too cover me in case matters doesn't go as proposed.
    My fear is they will discard me like what has happened too an friend. " He was doing the transaction and at the end when the Deal was concluded, the Agents just told him he isn't Registered thats why they wont be able 2 pay him out"

What I want to know, "aint there any type of Binding Legal Document/Contract I could present to bove parties, have them sign it, and then proceed with the viewings"

Awaiting your reply
    M!
    {e-mail address removed}
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 17, 2010, 12:06 AM

No, you have to be a licensed agent to get a legal commission--unless you go around it and get cash under the table. It's called a referral fee for an agent to refer to another agent. The agents have to pay taxes on their salary and this way it is documented in the broker's books.

There is a form for the agent to protect himself in case the buyer decides to go to another agent after all the effort that may have put into helping the buyer. But, there is not a form for an unlicensed person.

If the deal does not go right, it is the buyer's responsibility, not yours. The buyer signs the purchase contract. You are not a party in the transaction, therefore, you can't control the outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a notorized mortgage document in NJ legally binding in GA? [ 9 Answers ]

I did an owner financed mortgage with me signing and notorizing the papers in NJ and sending them to the financier in GA. I tried refinancing and discovered that the financier inflated the value of the house. I asked the financier to forward to me the papers of the most recent estate value of the...

Real Estate contract with no earnest money after it is stated, is it legal? [ 7 Answers ]

HI: I have a contract with a buyer to purchase my home and he stated in it that he would give me $20. As earnest money - he has given me none - is this a binding contract? This is a long story but my house went into a sheriff sale and I had 12 days to redeem, because I got this investor...

Is this lease legal and binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter signed a lease under false pretenses. (Washington State). The lease's last paragraph is as follows, BINDING EFFECT:This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties. The terms and conditions of this contract shall apply to and bind the parties, their heirs, successors,...

Legal and binding document [ 1 Answers ]

State - Illinois Is an initialled piece of paper a legal and binding document if it was signed under duress? It was not notarized or submitted through the court system.

Real estate, legal [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house a couple of years ago. I also sold a house and the mortgage was contingent on my having a specific amount of money from the sale of the house in order to go through. My sister was the realtor, and her friend owned the realty firm. What happened is the lawyer fudged the paperwork...

View more questions Search