Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amissmagoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:33 AM
    My maytag clypso washing machine won't drain.
    I have a maytag clypso washing machine. It would not drain at all. I actually pulled it outside and pulled the hose off to get it to drain. Some cotton came out but the hose that goes in to the wall to drain was not plugged. Do you think I should hook it back up and try again? Thank you, Amy
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2010, 05:50 PM

I would clear the drain pump first. Calypso machines are known for having pump issues.

The most quick and easiest way to clear the pump is to tip the machine back so you have access to the bottom of the machine.

Then remove the bottom panel. It's usually held on by 2 or 3 1/4" hex screws. After removing the panel, look to the right which is where the pump is. You can either remove the two hoses and fish whatever is in there out, or the better method is to remove the 4 torx screws that hold the black housing to the pump body. After removing the housing, just pull off the lint or whatever off the impeller and out of the housing. When reinstalling, make sure the o-ring seal is in place and tighten the screws. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SCREWS! They are easy to accidentally overtighten and if they break you have to buy a whole new pump.

Whenever I do this repair in the field, I also remove the hoses completely and make sure that there is no lint anywhere else in the system. I've had some where someone cleaned the pump housing only to have it clog again the instant it comes on again because lint was in a hose or in the back part somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag washing machine [ 4 Answers ]

The other day go to do my wash and it fills then it proceeds and doesn't drain then it rinsed and still no drainage went to spin and no aggiater and then a noise occurred I'm wondering if the machine is finished or should I see if this can be repaired... The noise I'm hearing is like a drill... a...

Maytag Frontloader Washing Machine [ 0 Answers ]

How do you remove the front of a maytag neptune washer?

Maytag washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Noisy brake when spin cycle stops

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

View more questions Search