Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heart_Brake06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Ex-Boyfriend
    My boyfriend and I broke up on Friday. He said that I was to 'possessive'.
    Here is what happened:
    We had gone down to the mall with his grandparents, and his aunt calls and asks if he wants to come up to her house for this weekend (which he is still at as I type... ). Anyway, I had gone up and spent the night with him at her house before and I asked him to ask her if I could go. We already had our whole weekend planned out and everything before she called, so instead of breaking our plans, I thought that I could just go with him. He said that he would ask her when he got to his house. She said no. I started to cry and he said that I was being to controlling and that we needed to brake up. We had been dating for 10 and a half months. I lost my virginity to him, and I loved him. We were only one year apart, and we were going to get an apartment together when he graduated so we could get married. (I am 16 and he is 17).

*Should I try and get him back, or leave him alone?

*Should I tell him how much I miss him?

*How do I deal with seeing him at school?

*How do I make myself happy again?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
    * You need to leave him alone. If he thinks that you are too possessive and controlling then trying to get him back will only make him think that more than he already does. Have you read any of the other break-up threads? No Contact is the rule here. Have no contact with him whatsoever, no phone calls, no texts, no e-mails. Zip, nada, nothing.

* You can't tell him how much you miss him if you have no contact with him

* At school you just keep to your friends and let him keep to his.

* Time will make you happy again. It all takes time. Time is the healer of all wounds, physical, mental and emotional.

You are very young. Learn from this relationship, take with it the good things and learn from the mistakes.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Yep - give him space - no contact.

You cam NEVER convince someone to like you - ever.

KEEP busy with other things in your life.

Leave him a lone.

Learn about smothering people - bad idea.

+ you are WAY to young to EVER be thinking about marriage.

The human brain is not full grown until age 25.

Most women are not ready tomarry before age 25 if not older - most guys at least 30.

Date other guys. Very important.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 25, 2006, 03:02 PM
    I can appreciate how sad you are over the loss of your boyfriend. I seriously doubt however that he concluded you were possesive on one set of circumstances. And if he did, it wasn't much of a relationship, frankly. It would be more like two kids playing at having a relationship and I don't mean that to sound mean-- its just that you really are still kids. That you expect us to conclude whether you are or aren't possessive on one set of circumstances really illustrates how young, inexperienced and not ready you are too -- just like the previous posts suggest.

Time to grow up a little and concentrate on being someone (other than the girlfiend/wife of someone else) and doing something (other than move into an apartment and get married). Focus on finding your passion (that will lead to work) and finishing the necessary education for it. There will be time enough for love later, and it will work differently too then, better. I promise.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
    We were only one year apart, and we were going to get an apartment together when he graduated so we could get married. (I am 16 and he is 17).
    The fantasy is over, so now deal with reality. Leave him alone and as Val has so eloquently said, pay attention to your own happiness. Playing house is not a plan to make you happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get over my ex boyfriend? [ 22 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up with me recently, and ever since I can't stop thinking about him and the things we used to do. I really want to forget him and move on with my life but I can't for some reason. How can I get over him?

Do I need a new boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay me and my boyfriend (bobby) have been together for 7 months and we fight like everyday about something.. Since them 7 months we broke up (an actually real break up) for 2 days.. N I started dating this tom guy and we kissed.. And then me and bobby got back together and I told bobby about...

Ex boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

My wife keeps contact with an Ex high school sweetheart. They broke up over something really dumb, however she only speeks highly of him. He calls every once and a while, keeping up with her life. He just recently starting dating a girl, the first since my wife. My wife wants to use this...

The ex boyfriend. Help. [ 6 Answers ]

I hate to say it-but I am obsessed. And I need help. I dated this guy. We had an extraordinary relationship. He was a very different kind of guy that I have ever dated. You know, the usual SEX SEX SEX boyfriend. That was just: not him. I found myself wanting it more then he did! That's...

My boyfriend [ 35 Answers ]

Hi all, I have been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years now. We are great together. To give you a brief summary :- he was my first boyfriend, first guy I slept with. He had more experience is the bedroom when we initially started sleeping together. You can say he trained me and I'm...

View more questions Search