Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mms085 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Us tax refund for former opt
    Hello,

I was on my opt during 2008-2009 and worked till July 2009. I was wondering how I can file taxes for the months I have worked in 2009 since I do not reside in the states anymore. How are the tax laws for international students that worked in the states and left afterwards. Would they still qualify for a refund?

Thanks
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 08:13 PM

File nonresident tax return and Form 8843 and give your foreign address. It you have a refund, you will get paper check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT Tax Refund status - over 6 months already! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am an Chinese and I claimed my OPT Tax refund with my employer this year around April. My employer had already get their refund months ago, however, I haven't get anything for my tax refund. Not even a confirmation letter. What my employer did is they filed through their payroll...

OPT to H1B Tax filing-SS tax refund? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. Arrived in US in Aug 2003, on OPT from Jan 2006 and on H1B from October 1st 2006. I started working in Feb 2006 in California. Throughout the year in 2006 Social security , medicare and disability taxes were deducted from my paycheck. Will I get a refund for these...

Tax Refund for F-1 students on OPT [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am an F-1 visa student from Indonesia and I'm currently on my OPT. My friend once told me that I am qualified to get the full refund for both social security and medicare taxes that were deducted from my paycheck. He also just told me few hours ago that I am also qualified to get the...

Regarding the Tax refund on OPT [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just started my OPT on Oct 21st'2008. I am also working as a full time employee on OPT. I also purchased a used car and I have paid tax on it. I would like to know that is the tax paid on car under OPT refunded back. Also how % of federal tax is deducted from the monthly pay check.

View more questions Search