Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DallasBuccs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Moen posi-temp no water pressure
    My Moen posi-temp cartridge was faulty so I replaced it. When I reassembled it, I could not get the clip back in, so I went back to the store and got it replaced. I still had the same problem. The original was 10 years old, so I figured it had changed slightly so I dremeled a small groove in each side to allow the clip to go in.
    When I reassembled everything it worked perfectly for all of my testing. First real shower, everything was fine for several minutes (enough time to get my hair really soapy... ) Then there was a bang, and I lost all water pressure, just a dribble left..
    I checked everything and it seemed fine, the rest of the taps are OK, and the hand-held shower works, it just seems like the back-pressure from the drencher is the problem. I cleaned the shower head and checked the valve between the showers, but that's all fine... any ideas please?

Check out some similar questions!

Moen posi-temp dribbles out shower [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a moen posi-temp control valve and when filling up the tub water dribbles out of the shower head. This will not happen if it is just cracked and on cold but when mixing or on full hot it will dribble. I have rotated the cartridge and no change. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for the...

All Moen posi-temp shower valves stuck. [ 7 Answers ]

All my showers have Moen posi-temp valves, and all except for my Masterbath are stuck due to lack of use. I had a plumber come over once while the house was still in warranty, and he replaced the cartridge in the guest shower, confirmed the valve was just stuck due to lack of use, and warned it...

No hot water with moen posi-temp [ 4 Answers ]

I can't get any hot water in the tub/shower with my moen posi-temp faucet. I have disassembled the everything but the cartridge and cannot get hot water. I can rotate the stem 360 degrees and the water stays cold as it turn on and off. I have confirmed the hot water supply. Do I need a new...

My moen shower posi-temp only has cold water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this forum. My Moen Posi-Temp valve in my shower. I just move into this house but I don't have hot water. Only cold water from the cold and from the hot indicator. Could the cartridge be installed wrong? I refuse to believe that this three year old house does not have hot water in...

Moen Posi-Temp Shower Occasional Lukewarm vs Hot [ 18 Answers ]

Our furnace 'seems' to be working fine regarding heating the home, but our upstairs shower over the past month or two often only has lukewarm hot water. It DOES seem like it's on colder days so perhaps it's working hard heating the 5 zones of the house. I've moved the thermostat schedules earlier...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.