Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonya caudle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Check on accident claim
    I was stopped at a red light and it turned green and the lady in front of me started going then just stopped suddenly,and I tapped the back of her car I had to flag her down to get over to exchange insuraance info but she only give me her name and was irrate and didn't want ti call police and didn't have time to go to ins co just up the block should I be held completely responseble for the accident?

Should I be completely at fault for the accident?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2010, 03:33 AM

Yes, In a rear end collission the rear ended is generally considered at fault. Did you report this to your insurer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 05:37 AM

Yes, you are totally at fault for the accident.

So many red flags, they drove off, did not give you information

So, in a few weeks, when they claim 20,000 in damages and 100000 in medical bills,?
    It happens, but since she drove off and you had to flag her down, most likely not.

More likely, they had no drivers license ( valid one anyway) no insurance and heck maybe even stolen car.

You need to report what happened at least to your insurance company. In case she decides to file a claim against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto accident claim [ 4 Answers ]

My wife, son and I were recently in a car accident. We were hit from behind, which caused minimal damage. The other drivers insurance has paid for the damage, which was the bumper. The insurance gave what I believe to be a crappy settlement offer. Both my wife and son went to the E.R. and released...

Accident claim [ 21 Answers ]

After a claim is filed how long do I have to get treatment for injurys I mean one year two years. Does my attorney have to tell me if insurance company makes an offer do I get to decide

Car accident claim [ 1 Answers ]

The story: I was involved in a accedent on 8/31/08, the dude side swiped me from the back bumber to the driverside door. I was stupid and did not call the police. I was driving my sister's car, trying to save on gas on a V4. I tooked all the info I needed from him. He admitted his fault. The car...

Accident - Claim [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All : I have been in an accident about a month ago. Please give me some advice on what I can do. I were already in the circle when a taxi drove into me. My car can't be repaired. What am I to do? Can I put in a claim in against the driver / owner of the taxi? Located - South Africa -...

Auto Accident Claim [ 7 Answers ]

Three cars were involved in a collision on an icy road. Car 1 hit his brakes to avoid another car in front of him. Car 2 hit her brakes but slid into Car 1. I am Car 3. I see them collide and move to the next lane over to avoid a collision, but when Car 2 hits Car 1, she slides sideways into my...

View more questions Search