Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cruzito77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Can I go to uae on portuguese passport without a visa from Goa.
    Hi I am from Goa presently working in Dubai UAE and would like to obtain a portuguese passport from Goa which I can do any time as I have got my BI. My question is will I be able to go to Dubai on portuguese passport from Goaas I don't want to loose this job.
    Please help.

Cruzito.
    GA01LD8055 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:05 PM

Yes you can go to Dubai your Portuguese Passport .UAE allows entry for Portuguese Citizens for a period of 30 days on arrival .
    Now regarding your Job and residency status in UAE
    You will need to contact your company PRO once you collect your Portuguese passport to transfer the residency stamp on the Portuguese passport as you will have to surrender the Indian Passport before you exit Goa .as you cannot hold dual nationalities although the Dual nationality act of 2005 states you can hold both but it is very unclear and as per current nationlity laws of Republic of India ,if you become a citizen of another country you automatically cease to hold indian citizenship by default.
    So in this case I would advice you to collect your Portuguese passport in UAE from the Portuguese embassy in Abu Dhabi, this way you will have both the passports in hand to transfer the relevant visa on the Portuguese passport andthen surrender the Indian Passport to the necessary authorities after your UAE residency and work permit are transferred
    Viva
    Cruzito77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 03:51 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by GA01LD8055 View Post
    yes you can go to Dubai your Portugese Passport .UAE allows entry for Portugese Citizens for a period of 30 days on arrival .
    Now regarding your Job and residency status in UAE
    you will need to contact your company PRO once you collect your portugese passport to transfer the residency stamp on the portugese passport as you will have to surrender the Indian Passport before you exit Goa .as you cannot hold dual nationalities although the Dual nationality act of 2005 states you can hold both but it is very unclear and as per current nationlity laws of Republic of India ,if you become a citizen of another country you automatically cease to hold indian citizenship by default.
    So in this case i would advice you to collect your Portugese passport in UAE from the portugese embassy in Abu Dhabi, this way you will have both the passports in hand to transfer the relevant visa on the Portugese passport andthen surrender the Indian Passport to the necessary authorities after your UAE residency and work permit are transfered
    Viva
    Santano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
    What if I collect my passport from UAE and want to go to goa by cancelling my residence visa in dubai. Do I have to take indian visa and do I need to have return ticket?

Anthony
    saviomilton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2013, 07:32 PM
    Hi sir my name savio Pereira and I am a goan.My question is that I am working on cruise line ship an my agencies is in goa.now I have surrender my India passport an I have obtained a Portuguese Passport in Portugal. And I have oci also.my question is that it is possible to go on ship with portuguese Passport from goa from my same agency from goa
    saviomilton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2013, 07:56 PM
    Hi I am from goa an I am working on passenger ships.and holder a Portuguese Passport now my question is that is it possible to go from goa on ship from my goa agency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese consulate in Goa... running fraud passport racket [ 4 Answers ]

I submitted my papers for acquiring Portuguese nationality 4 yrs ago in 2000. My process was dragged on as usual by lisbon authorities since 6 yrs In 2005 I received my identification process appt date wherein was asked to get an original document issued to my parents during Portuguese era...

Validity of documents attested by portuguese consulate in Goa [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that documents attested by portuguese consulate in goa have a validity period of only 6 months and they cannot be used after that for sending them to PORTUGAL for obtaining portuguese nationality.

Portuguese passport/Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,My Grand-parents were born in Goa in the 1900`.My mother ,their daughter expired a few years ago.I would like to know how to acquire a Portuguese passport/Visa. The formalities involved and whom to contact in Goa. Thanks!J.

View more questions Search