Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muxa_sakatuxa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Pepsin is an enzyme that breaks down protein.
    Pepsin is an enzyme that breaks down protein. A student has a test tube that contains pepsin, egg white, & water. What conditions would u recommend to ensure breakdown of the egg white? How could u increase the rate of reaction?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 07:31 PM

We don't do homework for you, but will tell you if you are correct or not, and will help you if you make an honest effort to answer the question.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 08:18 AM

Pepsin is an enzyme. What are the properties of enzymes? Open your books and notebooks, there surely are some notes about that.
    audxue83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 06:49 AM
    Pepsin is found in the stomach. Therefore, hydrochloric acid (acid found in human stomach) should be added to the test tube. The test tube should also have a temp. of 37 degrees Celsius.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida law regarding breaks and lunch breaks [ 17 Answers ]

I am searching for the law pertaining to Florida breaks and lunch breaks for at will employees. Thank you

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

The enzyme trypsin [ 2 Answers ]

How does the enzyme trypsin work?:)

Enzyme inactivation [ 2 Answers ]

I left Taq polymerase at room temperature for 1 hour by accident. Does anyone know if it will affect my PCR reaction?

Enzyme activity [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one out there know about enzyme activity?. like the lock and key theory along with the induced - fit theory? :confused:

View more questions Search