Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr04940 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 06:32 PM
    my wife and i are getting divorced, i want my name of the deed and motgage
    my wife and I are getting divorced,the house is in both our names, I want my name off the deed and motgage, both american citizens, house value decreased, still not paid off. She wants to stay in the house, and I need to find another house with mortgage. I cannot pay two mortgages. That is why I need to remove my name from the deed, title of this house. Also remove my name for the house mortgage. How to do all of the above? And should I ask her to pay me my share, since we both lived and paid the monthly mortgage from our joint bank account since 1998?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 07:16 PM

To get your name off the deed, you have to get it off the mortgage first. The other party will have to get a new loan in just their name to pay off the original loan. Then a new deed is made up and recorded in just their name.

Unless that is done, if for some reason she does not pay, they can come after you, and if she pays late, it can effect your credit also .

If you get any money from her is totally up to the divorce court, how much is it worth over the current mortgage on it. You can ask for 1/2 of that value. But it all depends on the deal the two of you can come up with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a Father divorced to wife [ 3 Answers ]

I have two children brothers but they are living his mother. I want to for betterment of child. I want them. I will gave case in family court now how can I custodies of them.

Divorced but harassed by ex-wife [ 2 Answers ]

I was married 8 years ago and sponsored for green card to my wife. We got divorced last year (after 7 years) but I am being harassed by my ex-wife. Is there any provision on the marriage law and immigration law that I can at least discourage her to harass me with that clause? Or Can I cancel her...

Wife Married Again Before We Are Divorced [ 2 Answers ]

My Wife and I are Separated and not divorced yet. She met a man in the Coast Guard and married him over a year ago. She lives with him and my son in Coast Guard Housing in Novato California. Anyone know who to contact in the Coast Guard to report this. Also, she has taken my son with her to...

Name added on deed before marriage - getting divorced [ 2 Answers ]

Right before we were married, my husband added my name onto the deed of his house which he owned for about 13 years before we met (the mortgage was kept in his name only). He started an affair 2 months after we were married that carried on for most of the marriage. I gave him a second chance and...

View more questions Search