Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clickclick Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Why won't my boyfriend sleep with me
    So my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 months, we have history, this time it's a lot easier and we don't have any problems except for the fact he won't sleep with me, I have tried everything from straight talking to subtle hints to sexy underwear, I even wore his football top and nothing else. Getting nowhere. Help! Asides from this we have no problems.
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Feb 15, 2010, 04:54 PM

Maybe he wants to take it slow. What's the rush?

Feb 15, 2010, 06:23 PM

Thanks for your reply.
    Not necessarily a rush, I just think there is a reason. He goes so far and no further. Almost mixed signals, its confusing.

Feb 16, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Have you tried talking to him about it? You should voice your concerns and see how you both feel about things. Maybe he's been hurt in the past and he's afraid to bring the relationship to the next level? Or maybe he's got performance anxiety? How old are the both of you? Have either of you been intimate before? Any religious/moral beliefs that may be a deciding factor in all of this?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 06:25 AM

Talk about it, there are a lot of reasons guys don't do it. Stress, things on our mind, not in the mood, maybe we don't want to rush it
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 07:27 AM

I think he's being a gentleman.

With the relationship going on a second time of only a few months, he is not ready to add sex, obviously.

See if you can't respect that, and if I'm right, he will appreciate no pressure in that regard.

Because there is 'a history' as you say, he is doing what he thinks he needs to do to establish a good relationship first, before he hops back in the sack with you.

Accept that he is willing to commit and build a foundation with you, first.

Feb 17, 2010, 04:34 PM

He is 27 and I'm 25. Yes we have both been intimate before, and there are no religious reasons behind it.
    Maybe he is just being a gentleman, or as suggested trying to build a foundation first. In which case, I'm more than happy to accept it. We have spoke very briefly about it, but he changes the subject, and as mentioned I don't want to pressure him or have him feel bad about it. I'm going to leave it, when he's ready/wants to, he'll come to me. Thanks for your help
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 04:38 PM

I think that is the best way to go clickclick (love the nic).

When he's ready, you will know.

Feb 17, 2010, 04:59 PM

Glad you agree, so here's to waiting, thanks for your help.. . Again :)
    Adapa Posts: 84, Reputation: 24

Feb 17, 2010, 05:27 PM

Haha! Exactly!! He just wants to LOVE YOU for YOU, and not love you because of sex. I too want this! My next girlfriend we will have a foundation of TRUST and LOVE and I will LOVE her before we do anything sexual because I want the LOVE there for her with or without the sex/sexual things.

Feb 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adapa View Post
    haha! Exactly!!! He just wants to LOVE YOU for YOU, and not love you because of sex. I too want this! My next girlfriend we will have a foundation of TRUST and LOVE and I will LOVE her before we do anything sexual because I want the LOVE there for her with or without the sex/sexual things.
    I thought this was a great post! I definitely agree, I was just feeling a little confused and insecure when I posted that, but after reading the replies I'm more than happy to wait patiently, I love him, he's worth it.

Feb 18, 2010, 03:57 AM

That's great!! Love is worth it :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 05:22 AM

Have you discussed birth control?? Personally, I think he is smart to leave the sex alone, and find out if there is anything besides lust happening between you.

Do you live together? What kind of history are we talking about?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 05:37 AM

I am also in a returning relationship.I am so uninterested in sex with her, it's hard to describe beyond the need to trust her,the need to base the feelings before more physical contact, we are 43 and 45,respectively,so it doesn't just happen for the younger,it's a human thing,not age.

Feb 18, 2010, 06:35 AM

By history I mean we used to be together for nearly two years and we had no problems asides from both our families hating us being together and in the end that is why we split. His family still objects but mine doesn't. As for birth control yes we have talked about that and agreed on a method. No we don't live together but he stays at my house all the time.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:34 AM

I know the situation well, I have been on both sides of the visits and stay-overs, :)

Mine is a relationship from more than 8 years ago when I was betrayed by her, too long a story to worry about now,and now I am reluctant to give her my all, we're just 2 tired participants in a friendship.

Feb 18, 2010, 08:44 AM

I'm going to visit his mother as soon as it can be arranged, she hates me, but it's worth trying to sort out or at least find out why so I can try and put her fears at rest.

I'm sorry to hear that you were betrayed and I can understand why you are reluctant to give her everything. I definitely think it's best to wait it out and make sure she is right for you, but then maybe she has changed for the better in the 8 years?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 09:15 AM

We are both in daily pains,mine from 25 years of neglect and construction work, it's taking it's tolls, she from neglect also, years of being a biker,party,party,party,etc... I think neither of us has much ambition, just be friends for the time being..

Feb 18, 2010, 09:24 AM

Then maybe that's best. Hey if you're happy with it then great :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend won't sleep with me. [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years, in the beginning sex was great, every night even. Now he is never interested, this has been going on for about 6 months. When I ask him why he tells me he's getting "old" and just isn't in the mood. Meanwhile he holds me and touches me all the time...

2 yr old won't sleep [ 3 Answers ]

My grandaughter is turning two in march and has suddenly started getting up 2 or 3 times a night. How do we get her to go to bed on her own and how do we keep her asleep?

Why won't he sleep with me? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together nearly 3 years, recently he keeps pushing me away when I want sex. He won't let me touch him in a sexual way. I love him but its driving me insane, I've started to doubt myself - feel ugly, unsexy. He always says he loves me and does a lot for me, he admits...

My 2 yr old won't sleep [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 yr old son who refuses to sleep at night or take naps during the day. I have tried numerous things to help him sleep better, nothing seems to work. We've tried pushing back his bedtime to 9:30, reading him bedtime stories, no sweets in the evening, no drinks other than water before...

He won't sleep in his own bed! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my son turns 4 in December, since he's been 2 we made his bedroom up, turned his cot into a bed and made it into a right litlle boys room, cars, bob the builder, Anyway when I put him 2 bed I usually read him a story, and he falls asleep in his own bed, but EVERY night around 2-3am, (uk time)...

View more questions Search