Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    painted4love Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 09:16 AM
    Up the creek without a paddle
    I divorced last year and my ex stated and signed and reaffirmed that he was carrying medical insurance on me. I didn't think he was but called and they confirmed that this was true. Well now that its been over a year and Ive had MRI's and such and he has since remarried I have found out that he did not have my insurance covered as we agreed when I lowered the amount of alimony just for him to carry insurance. I am now paying for medical that otherwise would have been paid off by now just because he tried to pull a fast one on the insurance company but because of his misdeed I had medical done that I otherwise would have waited for my own insurance implementation. The irony in everything is that he took me to court to have the alimony reduced and I agreed but did not know about the insurance coverage/non-coverage issue until after the court date.
    I have not spoke to my ex about the insurance issue because I don't want to deal with his boloney.

He is suppose to pay for 1/2 of my kids medical and since moving out has not paid anything. I told him about a week ago that I was calculating his 1/2 of the kids medical and its well over 1000 dollars. His response was: I owe your lawyer 500.00 and I haven't paid him either (which was part of a settlement for court costs).

Since the court date my lawyer has been very ill and now I can't even afford another lawyer if he doesn't get better.

Any direction, Please Help
    K
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 09:21 AM
    GO the court and file it yourself, take your court papers with you, ask the court to enforce the court order, by attaching his wages. If he agreed to it , it can be enforce through the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Up a Creek without a Paddle [ 2 Answers ]

On August 9, 2004 I found out I was pregnant by my boyfriend.  He left the following day on a police mission in Iraq.  I called him and told him while he was in the states, and all he could say was get an abortion and to move on with my life.  Now this isn't like him at all, he has three children...

View more questions Search