Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmz1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Toshiba a205 lost bios password removed cmos battery and still can't get in to boot
    I have a toshiba laptop A205-5809 it's a 2008. I haven't used it in awhile and I can't remember my password. I was told to remove the cmos battery to fix the problem. I did that and it still comes up to the password screen. I hit enter and it still will not let me in. I have tried it with the cmos battery in and with it out. Please help.
    jrhea Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2010, 03:24 AM

You may have never password protected the bios. Some newer Toshiba laptops can start asking for the BIOS password even if the password has never been set. This affects the following models: Satellite A100, A105, A130, A135, A200, A205, L35, M200, M205, P100, P105, P200, P205 and probably some other models.

Before you can use the laptop, the BIOS password has to be cleared. What can you do? Read this official support bulletin for more information:

Model Content Page

In this bulletin you’ll find a full list of Toshiba laptops affected by this problem. If you have one of these laptops and it set the BIOS password on its own, Toshiba will clear the password at no charge under warranty until Dec 31, 2010.

Hope this helps.

Found these a little bit later:

Laptop Repair Help How to remove BIOS password from Toshiba laptops

Toshiba Satellite A205 Bios Password Removal - eBay (item 110502752213 end time Mar-14-10 16:01:52 PDT)

Almost all of the newer laptops store their BIOS passwords in a manner which does not require continuous power, so removing the CMOS battery may not work at all as you found out.

Other options:

Toshiba BIOS
    Most Toshiba laptops and some desktop systems will bypass the BIOS password if the left shift key is held down during boot.

Or:
    Using the Motherboard "Clear CMOS" Jumper or Dipswitch settings
    Many motherboards feature a set of jumpers or dipswitches that will clear the CMOS and wipe all of the custom settings including BIOS passwords. The locations of these jumpers / dipswitches will vary depending on the motherboard manufacturer and ideally you should always refer to the motherboard or computer manufacturers documentation. If the documentation is unavailable, the jumpers/dipswitches can sometimes be found along the edge of the motherboard, next to the CMOS battery, or near the processor. Some manufacturers may label the jumper / dipswitch CLEAR - CLEAR CMOS - CLR - CLRPWD - PASSWD - PASSWORD - PWD. On laptop computers, the dipswitches are usually found under the keyboard or within a compartment at the bottom of the laptop.

Please remember to unplug your PC and use a grounding strip before reaching into your PC and touching the motherboard. Once you locate and rest the jumper switches, turn the computer on and check if the password has been cleared. If it has, turn the computer off and return the jumpers or dipswitches to its original position.

Sorry for dragging this out so much.
    JosephGor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 03:41 AM
    My toshiba a205 s5804 needs a bios password. *** help me. Gor joe. Nigeria
    JosephGor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Please what is my bio password?how can i restore my system?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 04:57 PM

1. Do not use all caps. It looks crappy!
    2. Did you set the password?
    3. If not, we're not going to help you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba BIOS password [ 6 Answers ]

A new laptop of toshiba how to remove the password in bios Toshiba a300 and to remove the password in bios need help

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

What is the Standard Bios Password for Toshiba A8 [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a discruntled employee add a bios password before booting on a toshiba A8 laptop. I have tried to crack the password with no joy so I done the next best thing and removed the cmos battery however this only resets the password to the original state therefore I need to know the toshiba a8...

BIOS password Toshiba [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop (TOSHIBA PORTEGE R200) is bios password is locked and I forget this password. Please send me solution thanks

View more questions Search