Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2010, 09:42 AM

I find it insulting that you just said that about my sister and no she's not "playing games" with her boyfriend. She's 23 and a big girl and he's protecting me, my sister and my girlfriends. When I say she stays with her boyfriend do you realise that I mean next door?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosanna-hope View Post
    i find it insulting that you just said that about my sister and no shes not "playing games" with her boyfriend. shes 23 and a big girl and hes protecting me, my sister and my girlfriends. when i say she stays with her boyfriend do you realise that i mean next door?
    NOT at the festival. At the festival, according to your posts, she is in a hotel room and YOU are in a tent. Are you now trying to change that arrangement or add another 'adult' to it?

Feb 15, 2010, 09:47 AM

No I said it would be easier if she went to a hotel as she doesn't like camping. But she's considering staying in a tent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:49 AM
    yeah she was older then i am, showing it can happen to anyone - dangerous acts are infact more likely to happen to males aged between 15-24 then they are to women in the UK. there are security guard posts all over at the festival and wed be near one of those, if youre caught on drugs or are seen as a danger to other people youre automatically taken out of that area.
    You are still using a kids argument on an adult subject. DO you REALLY believe all of that.. Females are statistically almost as likely to commit crimes these days as young males. And combine those two groups... a youung female is far more likely to be the victim of either group than a guy is.

DO you think there are more than a couple security guards for everyone there, and that they will be paying any attention to anything but keeping people from sneeking in without paying.

DO you know that I can be inside a tent in about 2 seconds, locked or not. DO you have any idea how quickly you can be gagged? About a second or two longer. How long would it take for you to wake up, recognise what was happening and think how to react from a sleep? A LOT longer than that I'll tell you.

The longer you try and argue this the worse your arguments are getting. They all highlight exactly how ill prepared you really are to attend an even't like this.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:51 AM

I'm sure your dad and your sister have all this figured out.

Can I ask, what's your mother take on this?

Feb 15, 2010, 09:53 AM

smoothy I suggest you stop talking to me about your disgusting theories and you emphasise the right bits.

redhed35; I don't live with my mother and haven't spoken to her for many years, her opinion is not valuable to me in any way what so ever.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:57 AM

I though you said your sister would be staying at a hotel, because she doesn't like camping. Does your dad know this? I don't think anyone on this site would insult you or your sister. We are trying to make a point.

We are trying to say if you are not chaperoned properly by an adult who is going to be there not next door, then you could get into all kinds of trouble. Maybe you don't recognize the dangers, but we do.

No one is trying to hurt your feelings, but you wanted our opinion and when we give them you have an argument against every one. We are trying to tell you how unsafe iti s for a child of fourteen to be in an atmosphere that is unsafe.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Rosanna,smoothy is right,horrible things happen at concerts,I'm only in ireland,I know there is security and everyone is searched,but even still I'm sure you have heard horror stories too.

I reread your original post,and for me,if I were in your shoes,I would gladly have my sister come with me and stay in the tent,if you want your dad to trust you AND kim to look out for you,you both need to follow his rules.

That's how you get him to trust you,that's how you get more freedom as you get older.

Feb 15, 2010, 10:03 AM

My sister was allowed to go to reading festival when she turned 15 and I think its only fair that I can go too?
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:05 AM
    my sister was allowed to go to reading festival when she turned 15 and i think its only fair that i can go too?
    Did she have a chaperone?
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:08 AM
    my sister was allowed to go to reading festival when she turned 15 and i think its only fair that i can go too?
    You may not think its fair,but your dad had made the decision,he's looking out for you,he loves you and is trying his best no doubt...

My advice,give him a break,do as he asks,there will be plenty more concerts,and plenty more times to come that will seem unfair.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
    smoothy i suggest you stop talking to me about your disgusting theories and you emphasise the right bits.

redhed35; i dont live with my mother and havent spoken to her for many years, her opinion is not valuable to me in any way what so ever.
    Really... and nothing EVER happens like that? Seriously... You are sleeping in a flimsy tent. And a lock on a zipper is going to stop exactly whom?

There is a LOT worse things that can happen than I mentioned... did you even Google up Morgan Harrington?

She was in College... went to a concert with friends.. got separated... dissappeared... and they found her dead and not at the concert.

Seriously... if you were mature enough to attend a festival those are EXACTLY the sorts of things you should be thinking about. Because let me tell you... there are a lot of really sick individuals out there... and you may even know a few of them. You just don't know who they are yet.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    you may not think its fair,but your dad had made the decision,hes looking out for you,he loves you and is trying his best no doubt...

my advice,give him a break,do as he asks,there will be plenty more concerts,and plenty more times to come that will seem unfair.
    Did her sister have a chaperone?

Feb 15, 2010, 10:13 AM

No, my sister went behind my dads back, she went with her girlfriends and she was perfectly fine and said it was one of the best and most fun experiences of her life.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:15 AM
    no, my sister went behind my dads back, she went with her girlfriends and she was perfectly fine and said it was one of the best and most fun experiences of her life.

She got lucky,anything could have happened,she was not allowed go!

You are allowed go if she goes with you and stays with you,sounds like you got a good deal.

Feb 15, 2010, 10:17 AM

smoothy the only UK abduction of a minor was Madeline McCann, this wasn't even in the UK, I'm not saying it couldn't happen but the likelihood is exremely low and also since 1998 there have been no cases of abduction or rape at both reading and leeds festivals.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:18 AM
    no, my sister went behind my dads back, she went with her girlfriends and she was perfectly fine and said it was one of the best and most fun experiences of her life.
    And there are also a lot of missing persons that did the same thing.

They don't always find the bodies. Its doesn't always work out for the best...

A music festival isn't Disneyworld. Your dad knows this... you refuse to accept the reality of it. And you REALLY need to start thinking about what could happen... because until you acknowledge it and are ready for it... you will be at a higher risk of being a victim of it.

Feb 15, 2010, 10:21 AM

Of course he knows its not disneyland, I don't refuse to accept it, I've already accepted it and I'm finding a way around it - you're trying to frighten me in telling me the facts which is the worst way around it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:24 AM

500 children a year abducted from UK | Society | The Guardian

Rosanna over 500 children were abducted last year in the uk,the danger is very real.

Just because it does not make the news,does not mean its not happening.

smoothy is making very real points,it wise to know so you can be aware.

Your going to the concert,your sister is going too,you can still enjoy the time and be cautious and safe.

That's what your dad is getting at.

Your safety.

Feb 15, 2010, 10:26 AM

I feel that I can't still enjoy myself with my sister, she takes control over everything I do - I'm sick of being dictated and I want freedom, I'm 15 and I'm going to reading festival.. I don't think anyone on this shouldve told me unless theyd actually been to reading/leeds or any other uk festival..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love this guy and he loves me but he's with another girl who he likes [ 42 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and the guy I love is 17. We've been friends for a bit and we "talked" for a while. I am his first love and the only girl he has ever said I love you too. He is the first guy I've truly loved and would do anything for. We talked on and off because I didn't know what I really...

Does my baby's dad have rights if he's not around [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona. I have a daughter that is turning 2 in a few days . My ex husband hasn't seen her since she was 9 months old. He has a past of hitting women and with a very voilent temper. He has had plenty of chances to see her but he won't. I have offered rides to him and he still won't see...

Can the dad take the baby.he's never been around [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 91/2 months pregnant . The babies father has not been around since she was 4 months pregnant. He quit his job and went back to college full time when she was 7 months pregnant to avaoid paying child support. He has said he wants nothing to do with this baby. Now that the baby is...

He wants to know if he's the dad, she won't give dna test [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently was informed that he may be the father to a one year old girl. The mother says that she had a different man sign the birth certificate but believes he is the dad. He then told her that if the girl was his that he wanted to be a part of her life and have visitation. She told...

My Dad is Over Protective! [ 2 Answers ]

My dad... oh my god! He is so annoying with how protective he is, I can't take it, he won't let me go anywhere, do anything, or be anyone! HELP ME, is there anything I can do to ease him up!

View more questions Search