Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phooey Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 02:15 AM
    Can a modem and wireless router be independent from the comp?
    Basically title is it. IS IT POSSIBLE??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2010, 02:18 AM
    Yes.
    In a broadband setup they normally are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My comp cannot connect to my linksys wireless router [ 6 Answers ]

I have just set up a home network using a linksys wireless router (model # wrt54g). I ran the setup software with no problem and connected 2 other computers, 1 laptop and 1 desktop w/wireless adapter both of which connect great. MY laptop, however, that was used to set the network up, would drop...

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Comp will talk to modem, but not to router [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me. I have this problem. I have an older computer running xp with service pack 2. my verizon dsl modem works fine when ever I plug it into my xbox or my computer. I always have the internet. So then I got a brand new belkin router for christmas, wonderful I would think at the time. ...

Wireless Router Into Modem [ 2 Answers ]

I searched around, but didn't find anything exactly like this: I have a Thompson DSL modem, but it has a router built into it (4 port - yes, the router and modem are all-in-one). I need wireless in my office, so I have a Network Everywhere (Linksys) 4 port wireless router, but I can't get it to...

Wireless router-ADSL MODEM [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HUAWEI Smart AX MT882 ADSL Modem and I am trying to connect through a D-LINK WBR 1310 WIRELESS router unsuccessfully even after following the instructions given in the disk carefully. Tell me how I can connect to the net using these two.

View more questions Search