Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samanwit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 01:03 AM
    Install os to external drive
    How to install windows server 2003 on a External USB 250gb HD
    rs232c Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 02:47 AM

As you probably figured out Windows only installs to the boot drive.

http://www.windowsvalley.com/blog/in...ice-pen-drive/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Linux install on the external harddisk ? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I would like to ask something about Linux . Can I install and use the Linux in external harddisk ? Can It be boot from external hard drive ? Because I don't want to install to my PC and Laptop. I only want to install on external hard drive and use on 2 PCs may be at laptop or PC...

Install a Hard Drive - Install Error [ 11 Answers ]

HELP! I have a Compaq Presario 5333cl desktop with an Seagate 80GB HD (IDE). Running Windows XP SP2. Am using Casper XP 3.0 cloning software, (which worked perfectly on my Dell). Installed WD 320GB HD in disk #2 position. Both drives set to cable select. (Casper works within Windows, so...

Programs on external drive [ 1 Answers ]

The mother board on my gateway is fried, the geek squad recommened an external hard drive, I did that now cannot access programs. I want to be able to use Frontpage which I do not have on my current computer. Is there a way to gain access to programs?

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Help with a external drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have an external hard drive can I install a virus program on it so that I can take it to another system and then run the virus program on that system. Will this be a problem because the drive letter will change or will it not matter because the file structure will not change only the drive...

View more questions Search