Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moober Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 07:54 PM
    How can I convince my family to nudism(I am not the father here I am 1 of the kids)
    I want to be a nudist but I want someone to go with me. How do I convince my family to nudism?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 08:08 PM

You don't, you do it, and if they want, they will.

One could ask, how do they convince you to stop this.

One question, have you actually ever been to a real nudist area ?
    BritishNaturism Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 06:50 PM

Fr_Chuck makes a good point, but here are some arguments in favour of naturism you might like to use:

It helps everyone, especially children & teenagers maintain a realistic view of what is a 'normal' body and so aids self confidence.

It promotes a healthy, mature attitude to nudity and creates a clear distinction between sexual and non-sexual nudity by proving that the latter is possible.

It brings families closer together if they all join in willingly, as it fosters more open communication amongst the family members - this may not seem obvious, but it really does work.

For anyone who feels nervous: Just tell them to give it a try and they will probably find that after not much more than half an hour they'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 2, 2010, 10:37 AM

Not everyone is comfortable with being nude in front of other people. This may be something your family is not ever going to be willing to do. If you're a little nervous about trying it you can always do a test run at a clothing optional spa or hot spring and see if one of your family memebers is will to go with you. Taking a friend with you instead is also something you can try.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 01:20 PM

moober.. If you saw me nude you would change yor mind FOREVER. It is not a pretty sight and neither is a bunch of people hanging around with their mom and dad and all of you naked. :eek::eek::eek:
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishNaturism View Post
    Fr_Chuck makes a good point, but here are some arguments in favour of naturism you might like to use:

It helps everyone, especially children & teenagers maintain a realistic view of what is a 'normal' body and so aids self confidence.

It promotes a healthy, mature attitude to nudity and creates a clear distinction between sexual and non-sexual nudity by proving that the latter is possible.

It brings families closer together if they all join in willingly, as it fosters more open communication amongst the family members - this may not seem obvious, but it really does work.

For anyone who feels nervous: Just tell them to give it a try and they will probably find that after not much more than half an hour they'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

More open communications with family members! Who wants too sit around naked with your mother or father and siblings and communicate about anything. The only thing I would be thinking is , Gosh my body looks like it needs ironing."
    AlwysConfezzled Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:47 PM

You can't force them into it, but you can get them to try it.
    dbcamp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 08:36 AM

Walk down a busy (pedestrian) street and watch people. See how many you would actually like to see naked, because that is who you will see at the "colonies". I went to a nudist beach once, I am still having nightmares over it. They are typically not the models and beautiful people you might be imagining.(not to suggest nudists are not beautiful in their own right).
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2010, 08:56 AM

Don't even like to think about it.
    BritishNaturism Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 05:35 PM

dbcamp, you are proving my point. The world is not populated by models, it is populated by ordinary people like you and I.

An no, you are not still having nightmares about it; don't be silly.

I have just taken part in the World Naked Bike Ride and been cheered on by thousands of people lining the streets of London. Riders came in all shapes and sizes and no-one will be having nightmares.

Welcome back Kitkat22 - you clearly love this topic.
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishNaturism View Post
    dbcamp, you are proving my point. The world is not populated by models, it is populated by ordinary people like you and I.

An no, you are not still having nightmares about it; don't be silly.

I have just taken part in the World Naked Bike Ride and been cheered on by thousands of people lining the streets of London. Riders came in all shapes and sizes and no-one will be having nightmares.

Welcome back Kitkat22 - you clearly love this topic.
    Yes.. I like a good laugh... I'm picturing a bunch of naked people riding bikes.:eek: Better than SNL... different strokes for different folks... :o What you do is your business... what I do is mine. My opinion, my right. Your opinion , your right!:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father and father-in-law have chronnic illnesses. Do we wait for kids? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum... Okay so I'm going to try to keep this short and bless all of you who read this whole thing, I know you don't know anything about my life but I'm just wanting to get some different viewpoints on this choice that me and my boyfriend are being...

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

Convince the father [ 9 Answers ]

Im 5 mo pregnant and the father thinks its not his ,how can I convince him that it is?:confused:

View more questions Search