Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imblessed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Bank levy
    Hi
    Last week I deceided to clear up my credit report so I pulled it and began paying off. One of debts was a judgemnt for 700. And soome change but we settled it and I paid . No yesterday I go to my savings acct and that same company I paid took out 1680.00 out of my acct. Now mind you when I called them I gave my social and that did not say I had any other accts with them so I paid off the judgement that I had on my credit reports. M y credit report has no other accts or judgemnts and I received no letters for another acct how was this able to be done. I never gave any of my acct info.:confused:
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 05:52 AM
    The levy must be signed by a judge in your state and county. Check at your local court to see if it is there.

File motion to quash the levy in that court.

File notice of intent to defend.
    State reason was improper service.

Nov 25, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Was it possible they got my info when I paid them and aren't you supposed to have a judgment first
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 06:01 AM
    That Is Correct, They Must Have Judgment Before They Can Levy Or Garnish An Account.

File Motion To Quash At Your Court.

Nov 25, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Am I to go to civil court,
    Another question shouldn't the judgment show up on my credit report like the last one did and I received papers for the one I paid off when it went to judgement.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Samll Claims Court In Your County.

That Would Be Correct, If They Properly Served You With The Paper . If No Proper Service, File Motion Of Intent To Defend, Stating Improper Service, You Have The Right To Face Your Accuser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 6 Answers ]

I had a bank levy put on my bank account and the outstanding balance was paid in full. My problem is that they took too much money out of my account. The company that took the money took $2000 more then they were supposed to. I've been calling them for a month to try to get my money back and...

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

I am 59 years old and have been through some difficult times recently. Today I learned that my bank account had a levy placed on it. There was only $533. In the account but it is all the money I have. Is there anything I can do to get it back. As a side note the bank took $100. As a processing fee.

Bank levy [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Today I received papers on a bank levy to my account seeing how I only had a few dollars in there they took it. Will they keep coming after everything that I deposit until the debt is cleared? Because my check is direct deposited what do I need to do please someone help me.

Levy of Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

A Lawfirm has placed a levy on my bank account because of a Credit Card bill owed by my common law wife. Her name is also on my account. How do I get a release from this levy.

Bank account levy [ 5 Answers ]

We live in Missouri. My husband has had a levy placed upon our bank account from a repo from several years ago. What will happen to the account? This account is seldom used, but if this is what they want to do, then should I start making monthly deposits in it? How much are they entitled to?...

View more questions Search