Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary c schultz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Home based pie shop California
    I have several tried and true vintage pie specialties that I would like to be the base for a new business out of my home. I would have a local website, I have no need for cross country at this point, but would like some advice on how to go about this venture. Nothing I can make is equal to the pies in retail or restaurant. Thank you for your help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 07:20 PM

For one thing you might want to keep in mind the health department may want to inspect your operation at some point. So even if your home based they can and will check on you. Another thing is make sure you can get all the paperwork for your business. Register with the BBB etc and develop a business plan to show the banks. You might start with flyers and send them out as feelers to see if there is interest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 07:59 PM

Yes, your kitchen will have to meet health department standards once you start selling to the public. And there wlll be labeling laws as to what is used. And if nuts are used in the same kitchen, warning labels on the items sold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a F-2 visa holder run an online shop based on their home country? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently living in the US on an F-2 visa. I know that I'm not allowed to be employed nor to get paychecks nor to have a business even if it's online. My question is, what about having an online shop that is based in my home country and run everything from there except the shipping (all...

Dial tone O.K. In shop no good at home [ 2 Answers ]

By accident I recently cut some what I thought was old unused wire in our home. Unfortunately it was telephone line! We have other jacks on different circuits so I plugged in the affected cordless telephone-there was power but no dial tone. I took the whole phone assembly to our local...

Home based business [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for the best idea with minimum capital??

Home Based [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a business/job that you can do from your home with out costing an arm and leg to just to start? I don't want to make $1ooo's per week I know that is not real but I know you can make money from home and that there are a lot of companies that use home based people. I would like...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search