Ask
    kirkyw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Heil furnace burner starts then shuts itself off
    The burner ignites then it shuts itself off in like ten seconds
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:01 PM

If you can find the flame sensor it might solve you problem if you cleaned it.

If it a very stiff wire that sticks up into the flame area of one of the burners of the furnace. It is mounted iwht one screw, has one wire going to it and it has a white ceramic base.
    Take the screw loose and drop the sensor down so you can get to it to use a piece of fine sand parer on the wire. Eplace it and see if the furnace works better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

Heil furnace burner igintes then goes out [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Heil furnace model number NUGK075AG02 (75,000 btu's) and the burner ignites for about 15 seconds then goes out and the fan continues to run. What might be the problem? Deka

Heil furnace fires up but blower motor shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil high efficiency furnace about 15 years old. Sometimes the burner will start and the exhaust blower then the blower fan will blow for a short time and stop. The burner will still be very hot. It used to continue to run until the furnace cooled down. What could be wrong?

HEIL Furnace Air Cycler shuts off prematurely [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a HEIL furnace Mod# NTC6150KJA1. The air cycler timer is set for 30 minutes and once the time expires, the air cycler kicks on for about 3 seconds and then shuts off. It kicks on again 2 seconds later and stays on for 3 seconds and then shuts off. It continues this cycle for a...

Heil furnace short cycling of burner [ 1 Answers ]

My 1983 heil model NUGK075DG01, natural gas, forced air furnace is running but only heats the house to 67 degrees no matter how high I set the temp, the fan continuously runs (in auto on thermostat) and the burner will cycle for 3-4 min. then shut-off for 10 min.. I have powered down and back-on,...

View more questions Search