Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a1exmaybury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Hole in my tooth help please!
    So I don't have the best teeth I have already had a root canal on my bottom last tooth but then on I have been doing my best by brushing my teeth better than before but today I realized that I had a hole on my bottom right canine or "vampire' tooth its hurts to drink cold things and you can see the gum here is a picture of it I toook with my phone please tell me if it's a cavity and can be filled (hopefully) or if I need another root canal...
    http://tinypic.com/r/iypm48/6
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 05:50 PM

without x-ray and proper inspection no one here knows for sure, so you go see the dentist, since either way they had to fix it
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 05:53 PM

No one can make that decision without an exam.

Until you see the dentist get some Anbesol to numb the pain and use dental wax to temporarily fill the hole. You can put the Anbesol on some cotton and the put dental wax on top of it.

Generally the method doesn't work while eating.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
    I've looked at your photo and yes, it IS a cavity. The sooner you get it fixed the less chance you will have of needing a root canal.

When I looked at the photo I see you have white chalky areas along the gum line. These areas are ALL early cavities. You really need to be sure you are brushing well along the gum line and use a toothpaste like "MI paste" that will help to remineralize (strengthen) those weak spots.

Get to a dentist ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hole on front of tooth [ 11 Answers ]

Eeek! I've noticed a hole developing on the front of one of my teeth just above the gumline. I'm completely freaked out by this as I'm 27 and never had anything wrong with my teeth. Can anyone tell me if they know what this sounds like? I thought tooth decay happened from the inside out? Could...

Hole in front tooth [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm just wanting to no, I'm having my top teeth out because of drug abuse when I was younger I can't have it done till I've come back off hoilday is the any chance I could have a hole filled in my front tooth just to make it look a bit better and if I rang emergency dentist would they do this...

Wisdom tooth and now a hole [ 2 Answers ]

I got wisdom tooth pulled and now there's a huge hole I keep getting food and stuck in it.. shouldn't it of closed up or something? The denitst never gave me any sitiches either is that the what's wrong and what do I do.. is this normal..

Hole possibly developing on gum above front tooth following crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a crown put in during January following a badly chipped tooth. The procedure went fine, it was a little uncomfortable but no real problems. A few months down the line I noticed the gum tissue above the tooth (one of my top front teeth). Was still feeling bruised. It is a little darker...

View more questions Search