Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    03fourdoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Diesel ford truck questions
    My 03 6.0 diesel stalled ,I have no starter operation all dash warning lamps are on, full battery power to all options. Trigger wire at starter has no power when ign switch engaged.Engine cranks normally at starter if you cross trigger wire to starter lug hot terminal.Scanner will not communicate with pcm keeps asking if key is on.I have checked every fuse ,relay,connection, I can think of vehicle was running perfectly came to stop sign stalled and that was it.Never owned diesel truck before,30 years in auto and truck repair business after all my check out I am totally out of ideas. HELP HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM!!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 02:12 PM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Based on your description, it sounds like the ignition switch is bad--scanner can't communicate to the PCM (asks if key is on); starter motor does not crank, when the ignition switch is turned to START (only when the starter motor is jumped); and the engine suddenly died at a stop sign. To me, the weight of the evidence points to a bad ignition switch.

Feb 14, 2010, 02:55 PM
    Not saying it could't be but I have starter relay activation,all other options too ,have you ever heard or seen an ign switch failure on this model??
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 03:02 PM

Ignition switch problems are common with Hondas, but not Fords, on this site. Still, I would remove and check the switch for signs of wear, pitting, or melting. I would also check that all ignition switch harness connections are secure. It would be good to apply dielectric grease.

Are you saying the starter solenoid works with the ignition switch?
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 11:17 AM

Anything new?

Feb 15, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Anything new?
    I installed known good ign switch same result .You are misunderstanding my questions ,you are guessing what my problem is I can do that! I ask if you had seen this problem... I am not a parts replacer I have never used that type of method to make repairs and never will.Sorry I can not accept any more guesses from you.Thanks anyway! Doctors use this type of diagnosis but there patients sometimes DIE! Unexceptable!
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 07:40 PM

Your are an ingrate. It's best for you to go somewhere else. Unbelievable!

Feb 15, 2010, 08:29 PM

No far from that surprised you haven't hurt yourself the way you go about it.Hack!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2005 ford truck, 6L DIESEL [ 2 Answers ]

After Hard Acceleration, There Is A Loss Of Power And Lots Of Smoke. There Is Some Skipping. Any Ideas??

Diesel ford truck [ 2 Answers ]

When my ford 7.3 turbo diesel is cold, it makes a loud hissing sound about every 10 sec and last for 10 sec. Anyone know what could cause it? Thank you. Jeff

97 ford diesel truck [ 1 Answers ]

Will not start it it does it will die right away has new cam senser new fuel pump has 200009 miles on it some say it might be worn cam shaft

What truck is better for work ford diesel or dodge diesel [ 3 Answers ]

I thinkong about buying a `08 Ford F-350 diesel or a `08 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel. I want to know what one is better for ranch work & what problems they have.

View more questions Search