Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CACANN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 03:05 AM
    Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans?
    Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2010, 03:15 AM

Who says any did?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 04:02 PM

Was this for homework? If so, you need to do your own research and try to find it. If you're just asking, are you just assuming some company is always stealing pension plans? (And if that's homework, it's a terrible question, but it's making an implication that some company is always stealing pension plans.)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 07:47 AM

The impetus behind ERISA (the Employee Retirement Income Security Act) was less a matter of companies "stealing" money from their pension plans than it was an issue of underfunded and poorly managed pension plans that didn't have enough money to properly fund their employees' pensions. Studebaker was perhaps the biggest and most famous failure of a pension plan - but that was in the 60's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer US Pension to a UK Pension Plan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen permanently livng in the UK. I currently have a US pension that I would like to transfer to a UK pension plan. Will the IRS allow me to do that? From what I have read, tax-free transfers are allowed from one qualified plan to another qualified plan, or to an IRA. And according to...

Credit card companies/collection companies attaching our incomes/accounts. [ 3 Answers ]

I am 72, on Social Security plus a moderate City Retirement pension (local government, Washington state). My husband is 57, disabled, on Social Security Disability and has a small pension from the San Diego Zoo. If we are unable to pay one or more credit cards, can those CC companies, or...

Tax-deductible pension plans [ 1 Answers ]

What pension plans are tax-deductible?

401 or state pension 25 year pension [ 1 Answers ]

I always wonder if I had a 401k insteed of a state pension. The period is from: 1969-1994. I received $1,000 a month for life. Have already received $192,600 But what about other scenario. 401K investment plan during the same period. Would it be better, the same, or worst?? ...

Pension plans [ 2 Answers ]

Describe the types of pension plans most often found in governmental entities and the differences between them. Do you expect that most governmental employers sponsor a “single-employer plan” or participate in a public employee retirement system (PERS)

View more questions Search