Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2010, 03:14 PM

Yes, if you record the co9ntract, the lender needs to be informed. But very often the contract is not recorded. Depends on local laws if its required.

Many lenders will not accept a payment that is less than a certain percentage of the actual payment. But, if they have been making partial payments, you should make a full payment as soon as you have enough.

But the bottom line is, if they are in default, void the contract and evict them.
    mamaof10 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    well of course the contract for deed is actually not normally recorded, but it still can not be sold unless the new buyer will agree to honor that contract. And no there is no restriction unless the contract does, to use the checks for any specific issue.

But the real issue is that 10 days after the first paymet ws not paid in full, action needed to be taken, not 3 months latter.
    And of course if you did not have 6 months or more payments ahead one should never self fiance or rent a home that has a mortage, if you can't afford to pay the entire bill if and when the renters don't. it is why many, many owners lose the rental homes.

I have bought and sold dozens and dozens of homes on contracts, I would never ever record one at the court house. And the first day a payment is late, I either get payment or it does into default, it has to be ran as a business
    This home is not a rental home is an agreement for deed,they are buyers not renters.Yes an agreement for deed is to be recorded by the circuit clerk in Illinois and I have checked,it was recorded by their attorney.Well as of tomorrow my attorney will put this into default,I will not pay him any more money if he doesn't fix this disaster!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof10 View Post
    This home is not a rental home is an agreement for deed,they are buyers not renters.Yes an agreement for deed is to be recorded by the circuit clerk in Illinois and I have checked,it was recorded by their attorney.Well as of tomorrow my attorney will put this into default,I will not pay him any more money if he doesn't fix this disaster!!
    We understand its not a rental. Have you actually read the contract? Most Contract for Deed agreements contain a clause that says, if the buyers default, then they contract is void and they become renters, not buyers. Otherwise you have a situation where you have to foreclose on them to get them out and that's a longer process. So since they defaulted you declare the contract void. Now they are tenants and can be evicted, a much shorter process.

As to recording the contract, I don't know, off hand, if Illinois law requires it. But the issue is moot since it was recorded.

Feb 14, 2010, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Yes, if you record the co9ntract, the lender needs to be informed. But very often the contract is not recorded. Depends on local laws if its required.

Many lenders will not accept a payment that is less than a certain percentage of the actual payment. But, if they have been making partial payments, you should make a full payment as soon as you have enough.

But the bottom line is, if they are in default, void the contract and evict them.
    Thank you so much for all your help.My attorney will get an ear full tomorrow,I will let you know how it all works out.And my mortgage company will only take a whole payment.

Feb 14, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    We understand its not a rental. Have you actually read the contract? Most Contract for Deed agreements contain a clause that says, if the buyers default, then they contract is void and they become renters, not buyers. Otherwise you have a situation where you have to foreclose on them to get them out and that's a longer process. So since they defaulted you declare the contract void. Now they are tenants and can be evicted, a much shorter process.

As to recording the contract, I don't know, off hand, if Illinois law requires it. But the issue is moot since it was recorded.
    Yes I have read the contract many times,In the case of failure of Buyer to make any of the payments,or any thereof,or perform any covenants on Buyers part hereby made and entered into this contract shall,at the option of Seller,be declared terminted and the Buyer shall forfeit all payments made on this contract,and such payments shall be retained by Seller and Seller may re-enter and take possession of the premises aforesaid,and written notice of such forfeiture and re-entry served upon said buyer,heirs,executors,administrators,or assigns in person,shall be sufficient evidence of such election,forfeiture and re-entry,or Seller may have any and all further remedies avaiable to Sellar at law or in equity.This is why I am telling my attorney to evict the buyers.

Feb 14, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgem View Post
    umm your attorney works for you! As chuck and i said, you declare the contract in default, which makes them tenants, you then give them a pay or quit notice. And when they don't pay you file for eviction.

Ask your attorney if he is going to reimburse you for lost payments from these people. Tell him to do the job you are paying him for.
    Thank you,amen!!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 12:08 AM
    Perhaps the mortgage company is preparing to foreclose because you have let the situation gone unsolved for quite a while. I wonder if they would be interested in working with you if you sat down with the mortgage company and laid your cards out. Tell them you would begin eviction proceedings, find a new tenant, and whatever else needs to be done, if in turn they would give you additional time in which to bring the mortgage current.

And in addition to evicting your contract buyers you might be able to get a judgment against them, collect the judgment, and use the proceeds to help bringing the mortgage current.

Feb 15, 2010, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Perhaps the mortgage company is preparing to foreclose because you have let the situation gone unsolved for quite a while. I wonder if they would be interested in working with you if you sat down with the mortgage company and laid your cards out. Tell them you would begin eviction proceedings, find a new tenant, and whatever else needs to be done, if in turn they would give you additonal time in which to bring the mortgage current.

And in addition to evicting your contract buyers you might be able to get a judgment against them, collect the judgment, and use the proceeds to help bringing the mortgage current.
    I have tried my hardest to work with my lawyer to get this resolved,but it seems like my attorney is not working for me.I am calling my mortgage company and my attorney today to see how to take care of this and end this once and for all.I told my attorney on Friday to evict them,the mortgage company on Friday told me that in Illinois it can take up tp 300 days for a foreclosure to be completed.

Mar 12, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof10 View Post
    I have tried my hardest to work with my lawyer to get this resolved,but it seems like my attorney is not working for me.I am calling my mortgage company and my attorney today to see how to take care of this and end this once and for all.I told my attorney on Friday to evict them,the mortgage company on Friday told me that in Illinois it can take up tp 300 days for a foreclosure to be completed.
    I have been working with my mortgage company and my realtor,we have listed the house for sale and the mortgage company will get the now tenants out. And yes,we have now excepted that our attorney is not working for us,he is working against us and doesn't want to do his job! All he was doing was charging us every time he talked to us.Well he's fired and we will work with the mortgage company and get this house sold!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant in property that is probably in foreclose - What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

It appears that my landlord may have let my apartment building go into foreclosure, though I have not received any official notice. The tenants in the building across the street, whose building was owned by the same landlord got notice from a Real Estate agency that they had two weeks to move....

Property in Florida, about to foreclose! And I got sued by the lender [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: back in 2006 when the Real Estate market was booming, I purchased a home in Port Charlotte FLORIDA. They had put me on a construction loan, on July of 2007 the house got completed and they convereted my loan in to a regular loan. Recently I was not able to pay the mortgage and I never...

Can a bank foreclose on a loan NOT behind in payments [ 3 Answers ]

In 1988 we took a commercial loan for $250,000.00 the current balance is less than $25,000.00. Last year I missed 2 payments--these have been paid and the loan is now current and has been for the last 6 months. The bank wants to close for default. Can we do anything? Donna/john

Foreclosure OR deed the property back to the bank [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I did some reading and there was law passed that states the IRS will not tax you on Phantom income or the difference in what you owe the bank and what your house was sold for in Foreclosure. So what should someone do facing foreclosure?? Allow the home to go into foreclosure or Deed the...

Is it a good idea to deed property back to bank,when home is abount to go into forclo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relative facing forcloser I was wondering if it woul dbe better to deed property back to bank would it help him a s far as his credit report. Thanks

View more questions Search