Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Web camera
    I have a webcam built into my laptop, and since installing windows 7 I can't open it
    I've tried finding the file in my back up and running it from that but it wouldn't open

I can use it on other things that use a camera like msn, I just can't work out how to open it by itself

Any help would be gratly appreciated
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2010, 06:18 PM

What software did you use before? What make is the laptop?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:27 PM

Its an acer laptop

And the software was acer orbicam
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:50 PM

I can't download it I can't find a link there.

When I get directed to the logitec website I can't find whatever web cam I have, like I said its built into the laptop and hence I don't know its model numer

There is no way for me to download acer orbicam from there, or at least not one that I can see, unless there's something obvious that I haven't tried
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
    I guess I'm just looking for a way to use my web cam, like I used to with orbicam, if you know of anything I could try, that might help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2010, 06:55 PM

I see a big red Download Now button.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:58 PM

Yeah that takes me to a different web site that scans for my out of date drivers

So I must download their driver scanner register and pay to download the new drivers

And I don't have the money to be honest
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 07:25 PM

The scanner says my usb 2.0 cam drivers are up to date,

Why are these things never simple :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 07:33 PM
    I have the same issue with my Dell laptop and Win7. The software doesn't work with Win7 but the hardware works in Skype.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maximize a web page every time I open. I use Yahoo as my primary web page. [ 1 Answers ]

When I now open Yahoo as my primary IE web page it is always minimized. Have tried a 3 suggestions on this site but to no avail. Thanks in advance! floater74

Toshiba web camera [ 1 Answers ]

I have Toshiba laptop (Satellite l505-S6946) and using Toshiba web camera application; first time, my web cam capture image and record videos well but at the second, it not work and in screen of application did not show me. Help. :confused:

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

Setting up web site and web shop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me the best way to set up a web site with web shop. I have looked online but overloaded with conflicting information. What things do I need and in what order?

View more questions Search