Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marlynny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Fiberglass shower pan removal
    Help!
    It is ready to come out. Do I have to remove drain first. How do I remove pan? Pry it out or does it need to be cut with circular saw first? It is on upper floor of tri level not acessible from underneath. Thanks.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 27, 2006, 09:27 PM
    You may have already got the pan out by know but depending on the pan there is usually a large rubber collar between the drain pan and the drain pipe. Lift this rubber collar out (use a screw driver) and the pan should lift right out after the nails are pulled from the wall flange.

All else fails get the sawsall to it. The drain pipe may need to be moved to accommodate the new pan anyway.
    marlynny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Skiberger
    Thank you. Got it out.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fiberglass shower drain removal [ 1 Answers ]

All we wanted to do is change our drain from brass to chrome in our fiber glass shower and I'm afaid we have bitten off more than we can chew. The brass drain is glued in with a 2" piece of pvc pipe sticking up in the center. How can we remove the brass drain wtihout damaging the shower or going...

Installing a drain in a fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in the process of installing a fiberglass shower unit in a new basement bathroom, but am somewhat stumped regarding how to attach the drain to the shower and then to the PVC pipe. The floor is concrete and I have 2” PVC rough in for the shower. Once I cut the PVC to the correct height, and...

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

Leaky fiberglass shower [ 5 Answers ]

We remodeled our home recently and this included removing a tile shower and replacing it with a fiberglass shower which was on the second floor. The installation was done by a plumber. We noticed it leaking almost from the start. It drips into the room below down the ceiling fan only when my...

Fiberglass Shower Leak [ 2 Answers ]

My second floor fiberglass surround shower is causing a leak from the first floor ceiling. I don't know what to start with to try to fix it. I hope someone can help me.

View more questions Search