Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArtistMohan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 09:20 AM
    How to get money by drawing
    I had drawn so many pictures using olden days color, I want to sell those drawing by making into money, give procedure to sell those pictures,
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 09:37 AM

Start a website and sell them, go to local stores, go to flea markets and craft shoes and offer them for sale.

You may need a tax ID number in order to do so.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Feb 13, 2010, 10:57 AM

Yes,and there is also eBay! And when spring ever get's here here try selling at a yard sale. Good Luck!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 03:59 PM

You do not need a tax ID to do this. That's doesn't mean you don't have to file taxes -- that part I don't know cause this is kind of coming under the realm of hobby and I don't know that area. But your SS will serve as a tax ID.

You might need a vendor number, but that's a different matter. However, I've never bought a painting casually off someone like that and actually paid tax on it. That's not a federal thing so you have to check locally.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    You do not need a tax ID to do this. That's doesn't mean you don't have to file taxes -- that part I don't know cause this is kinda coming under the realm of hobby and I don't know that area. But your SS will serve as a tax ID.

You might need a vendor number, but that's a different matter. However, I've never bought a painting casually off someone like that and actually paid tax on it. That's not a federal thing so you have to check locally.

That's why I said you "may" need a tax ID number - I was an event coordinator and ran trade shows and events. No one exhibited or sold without a State Sales Tax Number. No one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I make money drawing? [ 16 Answers ]

I am a really good artist... at home... I haven't really explored my art in public. Only my family has seen my artwork. Is there any way of making a little extra dough on the side? Can you make money doing drawings and pastels? How do you go about it?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Is there any free websites where I can make money drawing? [ 17 Answers ]

Is there any free websites that you might know of that I can get money off my drawings? I am really good and would love to do this as a career.

Penaly for making too much money after drawing Social Security [ 3 Answers ]

Why does the Social Secruity Administration penalitize you when you make over a certain limit per year? You are paying Social Security on what you earn and what you are receiving for Social Security is yours. So why the penality. When did this law become law?

Good at drawing but tired of college and low on money [ 8 Answers ]

Basically, my problem is that I still have 2 full years of college left, I am trying to move out of my parent's house, and I want to drop out of college. I can draw like nobody's business. I'm not being stuck up or arrogant, I am just quite good at creating 2-D artwork. Can't I make money...

View more questions Search