Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Earth three hundred years from now?
    How do you envision the conditions of this earth three hundred years from now:

1. still divided by nationalism,

2. a nuclear holocaust wasteland,

3. or transformed by God into a global paradise earth without nationalistic boundaries?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
    1. The earth would have to always be divided unless there is a powerful force that can take over all other nations.

2. Most likley I don't think we are far from terrorist having nukes

3. once God takes over directly, their will be no nations or even an idea of what that was.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Number Three.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Quote:

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.

Albert Einstein
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 27, 2006, 07:12 AM
    I think we'll have collectively hit bottom by then and come harrowingly close to annihilation, and several times too - not just nuclear. Bottoms are always really messy. But I believe we will finally learn what God has been saying to us over and over in ANY religion you care to practice. There will still be nations, albeit it some different ones and we will still have much of what we used to divide ourselves with in a general sense --- gender, race, etc. any "label" you can imagine and maybe a few more even like how sexual orientation is emerging! But having had a spiritual awakening, we will be using those much differently, not as reasons for fear and hostility but rather as differences to respect and celebrate. This transformation will occur one person at a time, little by little but also more and more, like a bell curve... until those are the voices that constitute the collective majority. We will look back at some of our worst problems and be amazed that we struggled for so long, knowing now that whatever we invent as a solution must work for everyone.

All systems (government, education, religion, etc) will be radically different - more responsive, more connected to the people. There will still be those who are willing to risk making problems but we will be better at recognising them and containing them so they don't do so much harm. We will be paying the scientists and teachers more than the movie stars and basketball players because we will need what they have and know it. Some parts of earth, some nations will lag compared to others because its evolution on the same continuum. Those nations will either learn as nations and improve or refusing, causing population shifts. The power of people in numbers will be recognised. That we are all in this together will be the key to unlocking the means to solve things on an amazing scale.

Recovery will be slow. Many will suffer and not survive the many bottoms that will occur. But we will prevail, wiser, and more obedient to spiritual principles because we now see the consequences for not. We will have put together some of the critical pieces that were so liberally sprinkled all through our collective histories and realised that the answers were there all along if we had only cooperated with each other, as people, as nations, as anything "label" you can imagine -- we only needed to be ready to use them. Won't that be a trip?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 07:54 PM
    If there is an Earth in three hundred years...

I see Earth being devastated way before three hundred years from now. If that is true, then the Coming of Christ has happened. We who are taken up into heaven will not need to worry. We who are left behind will face tribulation. But we are promised, after the Lord purges the nations, a thousand years of peace. Peace to me means no nationalities, no boundaries, no religions to war over.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Disposable Diapers, lots of them.
    -

Dec 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    If there is an Earth in three hundred years ....

I see Earth being devasted way before three hundred years from now. If that is true, then the Coming of Christ has happened. We who are taken up into heaven will not need to worry. We who are left behind will face tribulation. But we are promised, after the Lord purges the nations, a thousand years of peace. Peace to me means no nationalities, no boundaries, no religions to war over.

How long before three hundred do you see this as happening?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Have you seen the movie 'Blade Runner'? That's what I think the future will be like - or near enough. Lots of artificial intelligence doing people out of jobs. No government assistance and everyone out for themselves. Buying and bartering anything you can gets your hands on just to survive. Sounds bleak but no bleaker than some of what we have now. It's a known fact that when you are 'in it' you don't really see it. It's only when we look back that we can see how bad things were for a lot of people.
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Dec 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
    I think humans will pollute ourselves and most other life out of existence by 2300. Those who control us are too greedy and self centered to change soon enough. And the masses are too ignorant to know that immediate change is required.
    -

Dec 8, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Have you seen the movie 'Blade Runner'? That's what I think the future will be like - or near enough. Lots of artificial intelligence doing people out of jobs. No government assistance and everyone out for themselves. Buying and bartering anything you can gets your hands on just to survive. Sounds bleak but no bleaker than some of what we have now. It's a known fact that when you are 'in it' you don't really see it. It's only when we look back that we can see how bad things were for a lot of people.
    That's why people speak about the good old days. Selective memory they call it. Go back to those good ole days in a time machine and you'd be wanting to get back home to these better days. Not to say that there weren't things which were better such as cleaner air to breath and cleaner oceans. But there were also the diseases, such as tuberculosis against which we were almost helpless. So the near future might very well turn out to be the same in relation to our time. I of course believe that heavenly intervention will sooner or later remedy everything. I am not certain however when it will come.
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Dec 9, 2006, 07:33 AM
    My answer requires atheism? I disagree Starman. Faiths the world over embrace the idea of divine justice. A justice of responsibility, and in most cases, punishment, for action. Regardless of who God is; we humans have taken a jewel of a planet and severely stressed its delicate balances. When our toxins push the Ph of the air or water or soil beyond the point that prevents life, the game is over. Will God change the laws of chemistry to prevent that? Where's the justice in that?

The next 50 years will be a time of increasing chaos, both social and environmental. This chaos will divert resources and attention to immediate problems and short term solutions. (We rebuild a city below sea level as the oceans rise.) Human nature will put off the harder, long term decisions. Because we are impatient, we tend to choose short-focused leaders. If we have a choice at all. If we have a voice, do we demand they make the choices that will make a difference? We spend fortunes and decades on campaigns of so little consequence. We are so concerned with unborn lives within our national borders, when a population mushrooms in the developing world that exacerbates every other environmental and social problem we face. Yet, the stress that an out of control population puts on the biosphere in on no one's radar.

I believe in God and I sure wish She would solve these problems for us; open everyone's minds to the global-ness and immediacy of our problems. However, I know human nature, and I see what is around me, and I believe in divine justice. Science and religion agree: We will reap what we sow.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 9, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by VBNomad
    My answer requires atheism? I disagree Starman. Faiths the world over embrace the idea of divine justice. A justice of responsibility, and in most cases, punishment, for action. Regardless of who God is; we humans have taken a jewel of a planet and severely stressed its delicate balances. When our toxins push the Ph of the air or water or soil beyond the point that prevents life, the game is over. Will God change the laws of chemistry to prevent that? Where's the justice in that?

The next 50 years will be a time of increasing chaos, both social and environmental. This chaos will divert resources and attention to immediate problems and short term solutions. (We rebuild a city below sea level as the oceans rise.) Human nature will put off the harder, long term decisions. Because we are impatient, we tend to choose short-focused leaders. If we have a choice at all. If we have a voice, do we demand they make the choices that will make a difference? We spend fortunes and decades on campaigns of so little consequence. We are so concerned with unborn lives within our national borders, when a population mushrooms in the developing world that exacerbates every other environmental and social problem we face. Yet, the stress that an out of control population puts on the biosphere in on no one's radar.

I believe in God and I sure wish She would solve these problems for us; open everyone's minds to the global-ness and immediacy of our problems. However, I know human nature, and I see what is around me, and I believe in divine justice. Science and religion agree: We will reap what we sow.
    You and I see and think a lot alike. I enjoy a very comfortable blend of science and religion in my beliefs too. You don't see it possible for us to "hit a bottom" of sorts and learn, one by one, until it makes a difference by us choosing more wisely? Will our collective awareness only come too late? Can the dawning of the Age of Information make any impact here? Have you seen An Inconvenient Truth yet? I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on some of this please.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Earth three hundred years from now?
    What Earth?

:D
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
    First of all, Starman... it seems you post this question for people to answer but if their answer differs from yours, you "disagree" with them all... what gives? Just becase someone's answer requires Atheism, it is immediately deemed wrong??

Second of all, people have been screaming doomsday for centuries. I don't see the Earth running out of resources... but if it comes close or we are just too many to stay here, we will branch out.

"Theres nothing out there"? "We will never live in outer space"?

No, the world is NOT flat.
    -

Dec 9, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    What Earth?

:D

The third planet from the star we call the Sun. Hope that helps.

If I missed the point it's because its cryptic.

Quote Originally Posted by VBNomad
    My answer requires atheism? I disagree Starman. .

You are right. Only a different perspective within the framework of belief is needed. I stand corrected. Thanks. : )
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Starman, 300 hundred years from now earth will not be the same, Before god we (people) are all equally wise - and equally foolish, meaning we have the power to change the planet for good or bad.

I don't see any good for the planet in the future unless we change our ways now!
    -

Dec 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    First of all, Starman.... it seems you post this question for people to answer but if their answer differs from yours, you "disagree" with them all... what gives?? Just becase someones answer requires Atheism, it is immediately deemed wrong????

Second of all, people have been screaming doomsday for centuries. I dont see the Earth running out of resources... but if it comes close or we are just too many to stay here, we will branch out.

"Theres nothing out there"? "We will never live in outer space"?

No, the world is NOT flat.

All answers are equally welcomed whether I agree or disagree. I see it as a way to open up discussion possibilities. Actually, I didn't know I was breaking a rule by giving my opinion. I apologize if I annoyed you or anyone else. That wasn't the purpose. Perhaps I should have refrained and will consider doing so in the future. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

BTW

I am not anti science.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    Starman, 300 hundred years from now earth will not be the same, Before god we (people) are all equally wise - and equally foolish, meaning we have the power to change the planet for good or bad.

I dont see any good for the planet in the future unless we change our ways now!

I am still wondering abvout the equality of brainpower and wisdom part. How so? Was Solomon equal in God's eyes to others? Just asking to get your explanation on your views.

BTW
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2007, 02:09 PM
    In hundred years technology will rule rand robots will do every thing. It won't be 3 because the Lord doesn't think many of us are worthy enough to make a global paradise.It won't be 1 because one nation is going to do something causing another nation to make an alliance thus causing global alliances in which there will be continentalism.So my pick is 2 pretty much because of crime terrorism, racism, nationalism, and so on.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
    In 5 years from now a one world government.
    In 20 years from now 2 -maybe not nuclear but wasteland
    IN 100 years from now 3
    After that who knows!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHAT on earth does SPACE mean? [ 1 Answers ]

Ifffffffffffffffffffffff

What on earth is going on with my relationship? [ 39 Answers ]

Hello all, Firstly I would like to say that I am very thankful for this site. I have been going out with my girlfriend for 5 weeks now. The first 4 weeks were absolute bliss, we connected on all levels and share the same goals as each other (im 30 she is 26) We see each other nearly...

Google Earth [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Google earth plans to upgrade the resolution of itīs satellite images in the many areas that are currently at lower resolution?

Earth and Mars [ 3 Answers ]

If Earth were about the mass of Mars, but remained in the same orbitit is in today, what would the Earth be like today? :confused:

Age of the Earth... [ 2 Answers ]

Explain the evidence for the age of Earth and why the oldest expected rocks will probably never be found.

View more questions Search