Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedy2460 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 01:59 PM
    B & S Solenoid relay
    Can you assist me with testing procedures for a 12v, B & S Vanguard motor, relay solenoid. Can it be tested when removed from the mower?
    speedy2460
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Can't really be tested off the mower...
    Can test it with a 12volt tester (ohm, etc) turn the key and see if power gets transferred to the other post...
    But usually if it doesn't turn over and start... but will turn over and start when you jump the posts... its usually a bad solenoid.
    They cost about 12-14 bucks.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 25, 2006, 05:31 PM
    There are safety switches that will stop it from working. To test it apply 12-V to the small terminal and see if you receive continuity between the two large terminals. If you do, turn the key to the "start" position and see if you have voltage at the small wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solenoid valve in refrigeration system [ 6 Answers ]

HI I have a question about Refrigration system that has two evaporator in one line, and each one has solenoid valae. What I want to know, why each one has solenoid valve, what is the purpose of that?

Solenoid causes computer to short? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my check engine light was on and the solenoids were the culprit and they were replaced. At the time that the repair was done, my mechanic said that it is possible that the solenoid going bad may cause the computer to "short out" or to continue to think the solenoid is bad and make the check...

MTD Briggs 16.5 fuel solenoid [ 11 Answers ]

How can I determine if I have a bad fuel solenoid on my mower. Mower turns over great but will not start. Had fuel dump into the oil - changed it and dried out the valve cover and spark plug. Disconnected the kill wire on the coil. Gets spark when tested plug on head. Any other suggestions?

Bad solenoid in lawn tractor? [ 2 Answers ]

I was installing a new solenoid in my lawn tractor. The new solenoid posts were bigger than the eyelets in the cable connections. I drilled them out a bit. While tightening the cable connections onto the solenoid the posts in the solenoid began to spin... did I ruin the solenoid?:(

Solenoid [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to test the soleniod for the reversing valve on a heat pump? :confused:

View more questions Search