Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnBenson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Hot Tub 60 Amp
    I have a Sub-Panel in my basement which will serve 200amps. Off this sub panel, do I need to put an actual breaker (60amp) into it when my Hot Tub CH Breaker Box has a 60 amp GFI already?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Yes, otherwise how do you connect the cable at the panel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Hot Tub and using a 50 Amp Double Pole GFCI Circiut Breaker [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I keep getting the GFCI breaker tripping after wiring my hot tub. I wired 2 hot Red and Black to the proper terminals and the White to the neutral and the Bare Copper to the ground Post at the tub. I am using 6-3 w/G per instructions. Could the GFCI breaker be bad? When I wire...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot tub g.f.I [ 1 Answers ]

I recently hooked up a hot tub that required a 240v with no neutral. (50A) I took a two pole 60 from the main service and ran 6/3 teck cable to a 2cct outdoor enclosure outside to within 5' of the tub. Into the enclosure I hooked up the red to the main the black to the other main and the blue to...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

View more questions Search