Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keis1221 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Is what I did some kind of insurance fraud ?
    I reieved the check from Atena to pay for the services and put it into my account as they instructed me to be I didn't know at the time that I had a negative balance in that account. But since I did put it in my account that means the check was cashed and I didn't not send the collections agency the money is that fraud even though I have sent them a payment, I explained to them what happened and will continue to make payments ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Ok, you had a legal claim with Atena, they paid you. You were suppose to cash the check and then send it to a collection agency??

But you had a over drawn bank account and now can not send them the full amount.

You should have course send them all of the check excpet for what was required for the over draft amount.

And since unless this was check fraud where you wrote checks on purpose without money in the bank, it sounds like pooor book keeping,

The collection people will expect the rest of the money since as a over draft, it should have been an error and planned on making up the balance shortly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Bankruptcy fraud [ 1 Answers ]

If some one commits bankruptcy fraud and commits purgery in a deposition, what will happen to them?

Identification Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently a victim of identification fraud. How often should I put an "alert" on to the credit reporting companies. Also every time I get a recent copy of my credit report doesn't that hurt my credit(better known as an inquiry). Please help. Dave

View more questions Search