Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KC10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Writing a letter of objection for default judgement
    A debt collector has filed a default judgement against me in another state that I no longer live in. Should I write a letter of objection to the default judgement based on my no longer living in that state? If I do nothing, what will the consequences most likely be?

Thanks
    KC
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Feb 12, 2010, 06:35 PM

They will garnish your wages if your state allows and freeze your bank accounts.
    GLUND3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Nys-troy
    Did you receive my email?
    GLUND3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 11:08 AM

Nys-troy
    I received a garnish for a default judgement... i never received notification, until the garnish... i went to the city court and obtained a copy of the server report... which is clearly a lie... would you be so kind is to send a sample letter to clerk for filing request for default judgement for lack of personal jurisdiction... i have tried to find one, but am unable to locate one.,

Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement by default, now trying to enforce judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Received a judgement by default... by cavalry portfolio... a debt collector service. Now they had a sheriff show up at my home due to a levy, and theyb assessed my assests. Can they do that?

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Lease termination. Objection letter [ 1 Answers ]

According to my lease, I have to pay $495.81 cleaning fee and $850 security/cleaning deposit if I terminate my lease early. I am trying to avoid paying unfair charges. Please, look at my letter to the landlord and correct if necessary. Thank you. RE: STATEMENT OF DEPOSIT ACCOUNT Dear...

View more questions Search