Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miss jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Can u be conviteded of a crime that's involed in a gun case with out the ballistics t
    When enntering a gun into evidence dose the state have to prove that the said gun was used in that said crime? Or can they charge you with out the balliscics? I am being convited of a crime I didn't commit... Is there any way the state can covict me of this with out the ballistics..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 06:51 PM

Tell us more about the crime, if for example you robbed someone and they said it was a 357 with chrome handle, and you have one just like that, that is evidence and can be used if the gun was never shot.

Also in some cases the bullet is not able to be ID because of impact damage and only prove it was lets say a 38, and if you had a 38, it may be used, to help show other evidence, lets say someone with a 38 stole 1000 dollars and they get you with 1000 dollars and a gun, the gun can be used as evidence
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2010, 06:57 PM

Ballistics evidence can prove that the gun was used in the commission of a crime. But its only one piece of the puzzle. You can easily be convicted if the gun was never found.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son was arrested for armed trafficking in meth. The gun was not used in a crime. [ 8 Answers ]

My son was arrested for armed trafficking in meth. He had a gun locked up in the house and it was not used in a crime. Can he be charged for armed trafficking?

First crime solved by using ballistics [ 1 Answers ]

Please give me the date and case of the first crime solved through the use of ballistics?

Federal case, felon with non working gun [ 17 Answers ]

Ok, we all know that it is illegal for a convicted felon to have in their possession a fire arm. So here is the case I am looking at. Police do a drug raid on a suspect that they have raided several times before without ever finding any evidence. On the last raid, they find a old non...

Book Gun Case [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a gun case that is hidden in a book, like in the movies. Does anyone have any ideas

Gun ballistics [ 1 Answers ]

How does gun ballistics report work?

View more questions Search