Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfreed36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 12:17 PM
    How do you compute the price of a bond?
    The price of a bond will be determined for any given interest rate, duration and face amount at maturity.
    bfreed36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bfreed36 View Post
    The price of a bond will be determined for any given interest rate, duration and face amount at maturity.
    Provide examples.
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2010, 12:31 PM

You'll need an annuity like sum for the interest payments and then discount the principle payment. Add the two and you've priced your bond. You could use a financial calculator or excel's bond functions if you're doing more than one.
    artful1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 10:02 AM
    an example:

In September 2009, I bought a government bond which will mature in August 2013 and pay an annual coupon rate of 6 percent. The bond, which has a face value of 1,000 and pays interest every six months, offers a yield of 4 percent a year.

What was the price of bond that I bought in September 2009?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you compute the bond price? [ 5 Answers ]

Computing bond price

How to compute unit selling price? [ 7 Answers ]

Determine the weekly contribution margin when all labor hours are alloted to the product with the highest: a. unit selling price b. unit contribution margin c. contribution per labor-hour I am given the following: 600 labor hours per week Small ...

Compute New price of a bond [ 2 Answers ]

The question: Issued Bonds five years agao at 1,000 Dollars oer bond. These bonds had a 25 year life when issued and the annual interest payment was then 12%. The return was in line with the required returns by bondhoders at that point as Described: Real Rate of return... 3% Inflation Premium......

View more questions Search