Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malnjo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 10:43 AM
    02 sonata won't start
    My wife warmed up her 02 sonata 2.4. went to pull out of the garage and it quit would not start. Sounds like its starving for fuel. I pulled the fuel line off @the injector rail turned the key no fuel. I replaced the fuel pump, won't start. Checked the spark @ the coil pack big beautiful spark. Ck'ed the voltage @ the connector to the fuel pump 3.5vdc should be 12vdc?? I was told it could be the ignition relay, if so where is it located if not what would not let the car start thank you malcolm
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 10:49 AM

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

. Read the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675

Try fully pressurizing the fuel rail by turning the ignition switch to ON and listen to see if the fuel pump runs. The fuel pump should cut off after several seconds. Then, turn the ignition switch OFF. Repeat this procedure several times to fully pressurize the fuel rail. Afterwards, turn the ignition switch to START and see if it runs.

Feb 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    . Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.
    I have ck'ed, all fuses are good
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:09 AM

Here's what the main relay looks like and costs:

AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection | Year

Turning the ignition switch on and off may allow you to locate it, by listening to and feeling it click.

Feb 12, 2010, 11:38 AM
    02 sonata won't start
    I have 12 vdc to the fuel pump an dall fuses are good
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2010, 12:27 PM

Does it turn over? Are you getting spark at the plugs/coil? Is the throttle blocked? That's not much info to go on for a diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Hyundai Sonata won't start [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 2001 Hyundai Sonata. It seemed like the motor would lose power and slow down. Then the power would come back and the car would quickly speed up. It has also been having a hard time starting. Sometimes I would have to try several times before it would start. I...

1997 hyundai sonata won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 sonata it has 73,000 miles, suddenly today after I went to the store and returned to the car it would not start it cranks over has lots of gas seems like something is not catching

2004 hyundai sonata will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My wife drove into a carwash and when the water started to spray, the car died. We pushed it out of the car wash and towed it home. It has been at least 8 hours and it still will not start! Any ideas. Thanks!

2001Hyundai Sonata won't start up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, My first time here, it seems like a great idea and I hope I can return the favor and help someone else sometime. My 2001 Hyundai Sonata will not crank (just a loud clicking when key is turned) I have charged the battery to 100%, but no change. The battery is the original, but lights,...

2001 Hyundai Sonata that won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, What a great site! My question is this. My wife drives a 2001 Hyundai Sonata with about 86,000 miles. I've never had this problem with the car before and of course it is sitting in our garage. She went out to start it this morning. It turns over easily, but will not start or...

View more questions Search