Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonnie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 11:21 AM
    No Warm Air
    I have a Yorx Natural gas furnace. When I turn it on by the thermostat, the pilot warms up, the gas lites and air begins to blow for a few seconds. Then the gas shuts off and the system continues to blow only cold air.

What is the problem?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
    How long do the burners stay lit? If about 15-20 seconds it is a dirty flame sensor. If it stays on a few minutes, its probably poor airflow, filter, blower, obstruction in the return air to furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater blows warm air but also cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our heater blows warm air out as it is supposed to, but also blows cold air out of the cold air return vents. Any idea on how to fix this short of replacing the system?

First no air, now air is warm [ 4 Answers ]

We had power issues a couple of days ago from Tropical Storm Ernesto, and I heard the AC go off during one of the power blips. The temps outside have been really nice for the last couple of days, so we didn't notice that there was no air coming from the vents in our house. So the unit outside has...

Warm GFCI Breaker [ 1 Answers ]

In our electrical panel we have 2 AFCI breakers next to each other. One is for the master bedroom the other is for 2 guest bedrooms. Each of these breakers is warm to the touch. We have had no electrical problems in either room and it has never tripped. I just thought it was strange that these...

Why only warm water, not hot? [ 5 Answers ]

We just remodeled our master bathroom and had some real amateur jokers (not plumbers) do the work, They installed the new plumbing fixtures (faucets and a toilet) but now the shower does not get hot, it just gets warm. The sinks in the bathroom get quite hot but the shower does not. Also the...

Why warm-up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it important to do a warm-up before exercising? I was told that it is important to get more oxygen before we start exercising. If this is true, can we use breathing techniques to get more oxygen instead of a warm-up?

View more questions Search