Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2010, 06:43 PM

Ok, so that test will not be admissible, the court will require another, but that's not the main issue. The main issue, as I said, is that you have to file a petition in NJ Family Court, in the county where the child resides to request being designated the legal parent and to request custody.
    jay366cee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Ok, so that test will not be admissible, the court will require another, but that's not the main issue. The main issue, as I said, is that you have to file a petition in NJ Family Court, in the county where the child resides to request being designated the legal parent and to request custody.
    Ah OK.so I guess I'll have to go back to jersey.thanks for the help,you really helped me.tnx a lot
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jay366cee View Post
    ah ok.so i guess i'll have to go back to jersey.thanks for the help,you really helped me.tnx a lot
    You don't necessarily have to move back to NJ. Initially, you can hire an attorney to do all the filings for you.
    southerngal77 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 13, 2010, 07:19 AM

If you completed a home test, which is what you just described, it will not be admissible in a court of law no matter what.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeby View Post
    No, not a "home" DNA test. As I said in my post, a "legal" admissable DNA test involves sample collection by officials certified to do so, and a "chain of custody" for the sample. A home DNA test can provide an answer, but it's not admissable. A "privately done" DNA test CAN be admissable as long as it is done within the law and has a legally acceptable "chain of custody" for the sample.

A simple Google search for DNA testing companies will provide you with numerous services that provide legal admissable DNA tests. Here is one link for you, if you want more just Google it and you will find many.

Paternity Testing Services from DDC DNA Testing Center

Legal Court Admissible | DNA Testing for Paternity, Maternity, Sibling and Immigration

Court Admissible Home DNA Paternity Test Kit - DNA Testing Center of America

Once again you are good at researching but bad at understanding/quoting - you are incorrect. I can only speak for NY and the adjoining States but home DNA tests are NOT admissible in Court. In fact, I can find NO State where home DNA is 100% proof of paternity.

You do a great disservice to the people who are asking these questions by misleading them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a non biological father seeking legal visitation rights for my son. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a non biological father seeking legal visitation rights for my son. I'm not on the birth certificate. But I have raisied him sense birth. I no longer want to be with his mother but I no if we split I will no longer be able to see him anymore. Is there anything I can do?

Biological but not Legal father [ 1 Answers ]

I have a unique case; I am the Biological father and I was ordered to pay Child Support and arrearge of Child Support for over $20,000.00; however I am dealing with 2 different States. In the State of Florida where my son was born I am not even recognized as the Legal father because she was...

View more questions Search