Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Query Slows down with internet
    When I am using internet and SQL Server 2000 at the same time, my queries run slowly. Why? Is there any way to fix this problem?
    GB
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "using internet"? Do you mean browsing? Is SQL running on your local machine, or are you running queries against a remote server? If you're running it locally, it takes a lot of cpu time and memory even when it's idle. If you're running queries against a remote server, well, then it's using the same bandwidth that you're using to browse the internet so they will naturally take longer. There isn't really a good way to "fix" the problem. You could get more memory or faster hardware if you're running it locally, but it will still chew up a lot of system resources. If you're using it remotely, you could get a faster network connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan slows down [ 3 Answers ]

I have 9 Hampton Bay ceiling fans in my house . They are all remote control. 6 of them have slowed down. When they are on high, they work at the same speed as the others are working on slow or med. Some of these are on the same remote. When I put them on high, one goes very slow and the other...

Just a query [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone like ever get back together?! - all of this website is "let it go, let it go" -which is all blindingly good advice but does anyone EVER get back together and it works out? Just curious - not planning on doing it with any of my ex's just yet -thanks to you guys!

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

Norton Internet Security 2005 Query [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everone - I am quite new to this so please bear with me. I have been trying to install NIS 2005 on my computer for the past few days with major problems. Eventually I have got everything working except for Intrusion Detection which I cannot switch on. I get an error message and the link to...

Graphic Program Slows Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP with 1 GB RAM but when I close down a graphics program after using it, I find the computer runs very slowly and I must reboot before I can continue to use it? Is there some work that has been stored during the operation of the graphics program that I can clear out so I...

View more questions Search