Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
    The loss of my baby, how do I get past this?
    As some of you know, I lost my baby around the end of November last year, when I was about three months pregnant. I loved my baby dearly, Leon, as it’s father named it. For a while, after about a month of pure mourning, I was doing okay. But lately, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the baby that was supposed to be mine. I can’t stop blaming myself and my fiancé and it tears me apart. The other night I had a dream in which the baby came to me. I held him and felt everything. He looked just like his father, but with my eyes. I can’t stop thinking about my baby: what could’ve been and what should’ve been. It’s taking over my life and I don’t know what to do.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 11, 2010, 03:45 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't know.
    Losing a baby is so very hard, even for the strongest of people. It is possible you could experience post partum depression in addition to normal mourning, as if there is anything not normal about mourning~ there isn't. You should call your doctor's office and make an appointment to talk about how you are feeling. There is no set time frame for working your way through the loss of a child. But your grief could be compounded by post partum depression, and your doctor can either rule that out, or treat it so that you can regain control and go on with the business of living. Your doctor may suggest a support group, or other kinds of help, like medication and/or a therapist to help guide you through this.
    Carrenkids Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2010, 04:06 PM

You never get over the loss. BUT, you have to tell yourself, my child would want me to move on. I had a boy that (had I carried to term) would have die at birth. I had to make the excruciating decision to terminate my pregnancy at 15 1/2 weeks. I named him Adam Patrick. It was the hardest thing I had to do, and part of me felt I did the wrong thing, cause I wanted a child so bad. Afterwards(when I went through the greivig process) I knew that if I wanted to try for a successful pregnancy, I could'nt let the depression stop me. And you know what? I got pregnant within 6 months and had a healthy baby girl. Plant a tree in honor of your baby. I planted a flowering bush against my house(ironicly, it's never bloomed). When you dig the hole, place something that represents your loss at the bottom first. It will help you heal. I'll never forget Adam. And sometimes I think of him and cry. But seeing my daughter reminds me that he made a sacrifice so she would come into my life. He gave me a precious gift. Someday, I'll be able to thank him.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 01:52 AM

My family can't know... not my parents at least. Everything suggested is great advice. But they would attract attention to the situation.

Thank you so much for your efforts though
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 05:03 PM

The father refuses to talk to me about this. How can get him to?

Feb 13, 2010, 05:33 PM

You can't. You can't make someone talk to you about it. If you need to talk to someone and you can't tell your parents, and your boyfriend won't talk to you about it, it might help to write it in a journal. Or you can post your thoughts here.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 05:36 PM

I don't write journals... Last time I did my parents found it and literallly punished me for being depressed

Feb 13, 2010, 05:41 PM

Not allowed to be sad huh? Well, do you feel safe telling us here how bad you feel? I think we can take it here without feeling you should be punished. Are you doing anything to try to help yourself, other than trying to get your boyfriend to talk to you about how miserable you feel?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 05:43 PM

I can't tell everyone on here what happened. They'll hate me

Feb 13, 2010, 06:01 PM

Why do you think everyone would hate you?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:09 PM

Because... I did something evil
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    because... I did something evil
    And you don't think any of us have? I read back over your posts and found this someone had said to you in a different situation, but it holds true now. It's time you read it again -- There's strength in you, so find it, use it. You're not nearly as weak as you think. I've seen the strength in you, now you just have to see it. You have the ability to change your whole life. Don't let your past define you. Don't let your circumstances determine who you're going to be. You and only you can make that choice. Either you let your circumstances control you or you control them. You have the backbone, so use it. I have faith that you can do this. I have faith in you. Now all we need is for you to have faith in yourself.

Emo, the time has come for you to share your secret with a counselor. That person is not supposed to break your confidentiality without your permission, even though you are still a minor. To feel more confident, make sure of that yourself before you confide something.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And you don't think any of us have? I read back over your posts and found this someone had said to you in a different situation, but it holds true now. It's time you read it again -- There's strength in you, so find it, use it. You're not nearly as weak as you think. I've seen the strength in you, now you just have to see it. You have the ability to change your whole life. Don't let your past define you. Don't let your circumstances determine who you're going to be. You and only you can make that choice. Either you let your circumstances control you or you control them. You have the backbone, so use it. I have faith that you can do this. I have faith in you. Now all we need is for you to have faith in yourself.

Emo, the time has come for you to share your secret with a counselor. That person is not supposed to break your confidentiality without your permission, even though you are still a minor. To feel more confident, make sure of that yourself before you confide something.

I can't... And I doubt anyone has done something this evil

Feb 13, 2010, 06:26 PM

Evil is a value judgement. I am not here to judge you. This is the "Bereavement" section of ask me help desk.

Anyone responding to your post should be offering you help, not judging whether you have done something evil.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:28 PM

I was breaking down. Everyone was at me... I was going insane... My fiancé told me I had to get rid of it by taking pills or he'd kill himself... he called and said he'd do it that second if I didn't
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 06:28 PM
    I can't... And I doubt anyone has done something this evil
    One would like to think that, but people have been committing evil acts for thousands and thousands of years. You need to forgive yourself.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:30 PM
    One would like to think that, but people have been committing evil acts for thousands and thousands of years. You need to forgive yourself.
    I meant on here
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 06:31 PM
    i meant on here
    I don't know what that means.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
    I don't know what that means.
    I meant no one on here (AMHD) has done something this evil
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 06:35 PM
    i meant no one on here (AMHD) has done something this evil
    No, of course not. And as long as you believe that, there is nothing we can do to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss after baby [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just had a baby 2 months ago, and I want some advice as to what to do to loose weight. I want to loose about 40pounds by the end of the year. I especially want to loose weight on my lower and upper abdomen, and want some excersises that are quick and effective especially now since I am a new...

First time filling/ New born baby/ Indian equity loss/ Residential status [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I (having SSN) entered US first time on H1 Visa with my non working wife (without SSN) on H4 Visa in March 2008. We also had a new born baby (having SSN), born in Aug-2008 in US. Following are my queries: 1) I want to file as Married filling jointly. Can I? What will be my residential...

First time filling/ New born baby/ Indian equity loss/ Residential status [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I (having SSN) entered US first time on H1 Visa with my non working wife (without SSN) on H4 Visa in March 2008. We also had a new born baby (having SSN), born in Aug-2008 in US. Following are my queries: 1) I want to file as Married filling jointly. Can I? What will be my

Will I ever get over the loss of my baby I miscarried [ 3 Answers ]

10 months ago I miscarried and I feel so lost and hurt and why did this happen to me I feel like my heart has been ripped out I had close family die before but this is the worst my baby and I know it happen 10 months ago but the pain I still feel it just feels like it happened yesterday will I ever...

Causes of baby loss [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the commonest causes of recurrent miscarriages are and in what order? Is there a website that can help?

View more questions Search