Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:13 PM

Sweetie, he controls you. You've said so yourself. The reaction to the baby is not acceptable, nor is it a "little thing."

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you weigh offenses, all you get are worn out scales that can't tell the truth even if they wanted to.

When you start comparing things; for example, "well, he did do this, but it's definitely not as bad as that," you lose touch with reality. You're comparing your boyfriend's actions to the horrible examples of what a man should be from your past.

Controlling you, reacting the way he did with the baby, expecting you to cowtow to his wishes, those are not acceptable. You deserve equality in a relationship just like anyone else, no matter what happened in your past.

You're still a precious, unique creation that was made to shine. Not be broken down in servitude.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Sweetie, he controls you. You've said so yourself. The reaction to the baby is not acceptable, nor is it a "little thing."

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you weigh offenses, all you get are worn out scales that can't tell the truth even if they wanted to.

When you start comparing things; for example, "well, he did do this, but it's definitely not as bad as that," you lose touch with reality. You're comparing your boyfriend's actions to the horrible examples of what a man should be from your past.

Controlling you, reacting the way he did with the baby, expecting you to cowtow to his wishes, those are not acceptable. You deserve equality in a relationship just like anyone else, no matter what happened in your past.

You're still a precious, unique creation that was made to shine. Not be broken down in servitude.
    Thanks Chicky, I guess you are right.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    I honestly see nothing wrong in what he does.
    It sounds to me like he has put you into a role like your mother has been put into by your father. The dynamic is the same.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It sounds to me like he has put you into a role like your mother has been put into by your father. The dynamic is the same.
    And so the cycle continues until I put a stop to it.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
    And so the cycle continues until I put a stop to it.
    Exactly.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
    I've noticed something, every post of mine somehow comes back to my past
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
    I've noticed something, every post of mine somehow comes back to my past
    Because that's what you're acting out. We all do it in one way or another - it's our way of understanding our past and moving through it to something better.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Because that's what you're acting out. We all do it in one way or another - it's our way of understanding our past and moving through it to something better.
    Good point
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 06:37 PM

I began talking to my new therapist about this.

It's done wonders. Being able to tell someone. Then told, face to face: It's all right. You made a mistake but it's in the past. (and other such things)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 07:12 PM
    I began talking to my new therapist about this.

It's done wonders. Being able to tell someone. then told, face to face: It's alright. you made a mistake but it's in the past. (and other such things)
    The very fact that you said it out loud to someone is a good part of the healing. Have you forgiven yourself yet?
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The very fact that you said it out loud to someone is a good part of the healing. Have you forgiven yourself yet?
    Yes WG, I believe I have
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 09:03 PM
    Yes WG, I believe I have
    Good! Now, are you interested in working hard here to become an Expert, to help other young women with similar problems?
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 09:10 PM

Yes WG, but in what would I be an expert?

But being an expert here would be an honor
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Yes WG, but in what would I be an expert?
    We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Anyone who writes (and thinks) as sensibly and as cogently as you do is definitely a keeper!
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 09:15 PM

Glad to be in the keeper bucket for dinner and not thrown back!

"lame" fishing metaphor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss after baby [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just had a baby 2 months ago, and I want some advice as to what to do to loose weight. I want to loose about 40pounds by the end of the year. I especially want to loose weight on my lower and upper abdomen, and want some excersises that are quick and effective especially now since I am a new...

First time filling/ New born baby/ Indian equity loss/ Residential status [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I (having SSN) entered US first time on H1 Visa with my non working wife (without SSN) on H4 Visa in March 2008. We also had a new born baby (having SSN), born in Aug-2008 in US. Following are my queries: 1) I want to file as Married filling jointly. Can I? What will be my residential...

First time filling/ New born baby/ Indian equity loss/ Residential status [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I (having SSN) entered US first time on H1 Visa with my non working wife (without SSN) on H4 Visa in March 2008. We also had a new born baby (having SSN), born in Aug-2008 in US. Following are my queries: 1) I want to file as Married filling jointly. Can I? What will be my

Will I ever get over the loss of my baby I miscarried [ 3 Answers ]

10 months ago I miscarried and I feel so lost and hurt and why did this happen to me I feel like my heart has been ripped out I had close family die before but this is the worst my baby and I know it happen 10 months ago but the pain I still feel it just feels like it happened yesterday will I ever...

Causes of baby loss [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the commonest causes of recurrent miscarriages are and in what order? Is there a website that can help?

View more questions Search