Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CATSDOGS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 02:45 PM
    graph 2csc(2x)
    I need help on trigonometric functions! I don't understand, I'm getting mad, I have no clue what to do or where 2 start. i need help!!!
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2010, 02:51 PM

normally graphs are made by entering a few points until you can see a curve forming.

So you'd pick some values for x (good choices are -2, -1, 0, 1, 2) and find out what y would equal (in your example that means plugging in each of these values into your equation so for the first it's 2*-2 then find the cosecant of that, then multiply that by 2 and plot the point. Repeat for the other 5 points.

However, what you'll find is that as you expand outward there will be points where the function becomes undefined, and after those points the y values will flip. Cosecant and secant functions look like big letter U s alternating between Us that are right side up and Us that are up side down.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 04:20 PM

You don't have a graphing calculator? Remember, csc(2x)=1/sin(2x).

sin(2x)=0 when , therefore, that is why the graph heads toward infinity when x is a multiple of Pi/2. Let C=... -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graph these coordinates [ 1 Answers ]

graph these coordinates. (0,-2) (2,0) (4,2) what is the equation of this line

Resistor and current graph (RI graph). How should it look like? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have an important question on school homework. We recently did an experiment on electric current bulb and I'm wondering how should the RI graph look like? Slope,straight line or curve? We used a filament light bulb in this experiment. Any site which refers to this matter is good enough....

For a graph [ 1 Answers ]

I have to find the slope-intercept of an equation... 1. slope=2 passes through (1,5)... 2. passes through (-1,-5) and (3,2) 3. passes through (0,3) and is perpendicular to a line whose equation is y-7x=4?

Trig Graph [ 1 Answers ]

Graph y=1+3sec(2x+(pi/2)) Please help!! If you could give me the points to plot that'd be AWESOME! :D

View more questions Search