Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wnsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Vacation pay
    I recently resigned from one company to start at a new company. The company I left is saying that I owe them for vacation time I took, but the way I earned vacation time, at .83 days per month. I had not worked enough days to cover the vacation time I took back in July.
    The question I have is it legal in Pennsylvania for an employer to now deduct the vacation days I owe them from my last paycheck?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    boutwellrj Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2006, 08:48 AM
    It is probably legal in any state. They paid you in advance for vacation you have already taken and you will have to pay it back. It was a loan of sorts. Same thing applies if you had earned vacation and you left, they would have to pay you for that time. Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Favorite vacation [ 16 Answers ]

What was your favorite vacation? Why? Would you go there again? For myself, I'm not sure what was my fav, but I used to live in Hawaii, so it was like being on vacation every weekend. I still enjoy visiting there. The reasons are: the people, the weather, the food, the outdoor lifestyle, the...

I need a vacation! [ 2 Answers ]

I have some vacation time I can use, and I haven't been on a real vacation in about six years. I was thinking about a cruise just a short one, not too expensive. Any ideas. I will most likely have to go alone, so any tips on the that would be helpful as well. How much should it cost, what...

Canceling vacation [ 2 Answers ]

I put a deposit down on a cottage with a real estate agent .I tried to cancel 6 weeks before my vacation but was told I would only get my deposit back unless myself or the real estate agent found another person to rent those 2 weeks .my lease does not have a cancellation clause in it .my fault for...

Coastal Vacation in Southern Georgia [ 10 Answers ]

My family (5-8 people) is looking a great location for our summer of 2006 vacation... We love the beach and would appriciate any information that would give us information about desirable places... Thank You!

View more questions Search