Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tommychan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
    How many GPA do I need to get to go to Harvard University?
    How many GPA do I need to get to go to Harvard University?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 02:24 PM

You need a very good GPA- what's yours? Also outstanding test scores (GRE, Last, GMAT, or whatever is appropriate for your intended field of study). What do you plan to study?

Feb 15, 2010, 11:17 AM

Well, I have 3.55 GPA and I want to be an architect. I'm still a sophomore and I just want to know that I can go to Harvard or not.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 11:45 AM

To be clear - you are a sophomore in college, and looking to attend Harvard for their graduate school in architecture, right?

A 3.55 GPA doesn't exclude you by any means. Depending on where you're going for undergrad that can be a very respectable GPA. But you'll have to do quite well on the GREs. If you can work get closer to 4.0 in your junoir and senior years you'll obviously have a better shot at whatever schools you want to apply to.

I assume that your college does not have an architecture major. My advice is to take as many design-reated courses as possible - and ace them. Also be sure to do well in math and physics. And if your school offers engineering mechanics take that as well - architects need to know what "stress" and "strain" are all about. Also get summer jobs in the architcture field so you can demonstrate applicable experience.

Finally - while it's a good thing to have a goal like Harvard, keep in mind that there are many other top tier schools out here. Here's a list to look over: 2010 United States Best Architecture Schools | ArchDaily If it's the Ivy League you're set on, be sure to take a look at Cornell University.

Feb 15, 2010, 02:41 PM

I'm sorry that I made you confused. I'm a sophomore in HIGH SCHOOL. So yeah, I know I have time, but I just want to know about the Architecture colleges. I really do want to harvard but since you said there's no architecture, I have no idea what to do now.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 02:59 PM

OK then - there are lots of colleges and universitis with architecture programs. The link I gave you before lists the top undergad programs. If you're interested in attending one of these programs you're going to have to pull that average up. You should start studying for the SATs, and hopefully you have some killer extra-curricular activities that a good school would be interested in - if you're a star football player or on the hockey team would be a good start, especially for Harvard!

Feb 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
    I think you have known that I'm an asian since you saw my nickname. So, I'm like kind of short and small. That's why I can't do any sports at school because they just like big and strong people and I kind of don't like sports either but swimming. Anyway I really appreciate for your advices and made me understand about the colleges. And I will try to keep my GPA up and try to do very good on SAT. Thank you again. Um, I really do want to get to know you because you are the only one who gives me advices and I'm very glad for that and thank you very much again.

Tommy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommychan View Post
    I'm sorry that i made you confused. I'm a sophomore in HIGH SCHOOL. So yeah, i know i have time, but i just want to know about the Architecture colleges. I really do want to harvard but since you said there's no architecture, i have no idea what to do now.
    Why Harvard? Cornell is a terrific college as are the Texas ones that are listed. The important thing is that you do well in (any) college -- not only academically, but also socially.

Feb 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Well, because I have a deal with my uncle that I could get to Havard or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

About GPA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know what is GPA & how ll I calculate it. I am a final yr Btech student in India. Thanks.

View more questions Search