Salaries Exp Cr 12000
    Prepaid Advertising Cr 5000
    Interest Payable Cr 1200
    Office Supplies Exp Cr 800

Capital Dr 2000
    Income Summary Cr 2000

Withdrawals Dr 6000
    Capital Cr 6000

I have figured out all the errors, (accumulated Amort, Perpaid ad and Interest Payable) but now I have to prepare correcting journal entries and I am not sure what they are asking me to do.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 11:59 PM

To correct something that shouldn't be there, you have to reverse it out. Since amortization shouldn't be there, that debit should never have happened. So you credit it to un-do it. And likewise debit the Income Summary for the same amount since that shouldn't have been part of the total.

Etc.

You will then have to correct the closing of income summary because that balance will change. (I don't know where this all came from or if you have a trial balance, but leaving you with two expenses just seems weird. If there's a list of accounts somewhere, you also need to see that nothing was missed as well.)

And the drawing closing is backwards. Withdrawals are already a debit, so debiting it again will only double it, not close it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Preparing adjusting and closing entries [ 1 Answers ]

The following list includes selected permanent accounts and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trail balance of a corporation.Journalize the adjusting entries and closing entries.This corporation uses the perpetual inventory system. Merchandise inventory...

Preparing Journal Entries [ 3 Answers ]

Prepare the journal entries on December 31, 2002, May 11, 2003, and June 12, 2003. Presented below are two independent situations. (a) On March 3, Lisa Ceja Appliances sells $700,000 of its receivables to Horatio Factors Inc. Horatio Factors assesses a finance charge of 3% of the amount of...

Preparing Closing entries & Post Closing Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how you incorporate the information into these accounts. For instance, you have Capital $9,000; Wage Expenses $8500; Service Revenue $1000; and Rent Expense $1600.

Preparing journal entries [ 3 Answers ]

I have a homework problem that I cannot seem to figure out because my teacher doesn't really teach us. Jones company is a furniture retailer and uses the perpetual inventory system. On January 14 2007 jones purchased merchandise inventory at a cost of 25000. Credit terms were 2/10, n/30. The...

View more questions Search